Lonely Feelings

It had been a few weeks since Mitch was over, and Scott found himself devastatingly bored every hour he was awake. Even work had become just another routine.

What was really taking a toll on him, however, was not getting a text from Mitch. There hadn't been a single peep from him.. that just let Scott fall into some sort of empty feeling of loneliness.

He looked at his phone for about the millionth time that day, his hopes squashed when he saw that no one had texted him. Had he done something wrong? Maybe tomorrow would be better..

Tomorrow wasn't better. Neither was the next day, or the next.. anything felt like it would cheer him up.

When his phone buzzed, Scott wasn't around to see it. Well, he was, but his phone was on silent. He was in a movie theater playing Suicide Squad. And when he did check his phone after the movie..

Mitchell Grassi: Scott? I'm sorry I haven't been texting you.. life just sorta happened, you know?
Mitchell Grassi: I got dumped.. would it be okay if I came over for a bit?
Mitchell Grassi: Scottie..
Mitchell Grassi: Of course you hate me now.. I wouldn't blame you. I've been ignoring you..

Those certainly weren't the texts Scott wanted from Mitch. Now he felt bad for not being able to answer.

Me: woah woah mitch its fine I dont hate you come on come over ill give you mint chocolate ice cream and we can watch spongebob okay just dont be sad

Honestly, he was surprised when he found Mitch sitting near the door to his apartment. He was sniffling, wiping his eyes often with pulled up sleeves. He looked up at Scott when he felt his hand rub his shoulder. Before Scott could say anything, Mitch threw his arms around him, hiding his face in the crook of Scott's neck.

"I'm so sorry..." His voice was a hushed whisper. Scott sighed and wrapped his arms around Mitch in a tight embrace.

"You don't need to apologize, Munchie. C'mon, let's get you inside." Mitch nodded a few times, pulling away and walking into Scott's apartment. "What happened?"

"I.. I got dumped for another man.. I wasn't enough.." Mitch just slumped on the couch, hugging a pillow to his chest. Scott sat next to him.

"Who was your boyfriend?"

"Alex.. Alex Kirk.."

"Well, Alex can go fuck himself." He liked how Mitch grinned through his tears. "Honestly. If he goes off chasing someone else, then fuck him. He didn't deserve you in the first place."

"You're not supposed to swear.. y-you're the good boy.." Mitch tried to joke. Scott laughed.

"Nah.. and I was serious about the ice cream and spongebob."

(A/N): just a wee little filler.. the good stuff starts later