Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Present

I held Alina tightly in my arms once I left the hospital. I cuddled her tightly, grabbing extra blanket to wrap my daughter in. She slept comfortable, while I shivered, as the wind blew on my bare arms.

We made our way to our cheap, one bedroom apartment. It wasn't the ideal place I would like to be living in but I had no other option, it was abandoned and it seemed to have had a few supplies of food that I could live on. I didn't have to pay to stay.

The good thing about the neighbourhood is the homeless shelters who seemed to feed me and put clothe in my back. I wasn't use to living like this but i had to in order to survive.

But as I took the last corner to my apartment my heart stared thudding. I saw 6 hooded men standing to the entrance of the building.

I was use to there presence but having Alina had made me become fearful.My gut had a strong, wrenching feeling. I knew this wasn't going to be good, few times I had seen them manhandle women.

It will be fine my wolf assured but I couldn't trust her. She was to naive to see the truth beneath the lies of both humans and werewolves. She couldn't protect me I thought bitterly.

I walked in quick pace holding my daughter tightly, while looking directly to the floor trying to avoid eye contact with any of them. Once they see someone, you could be their potential target and they'll do anything to either rob your or let's say force you into things.

I've faced this many time's, but due to my strength I could fend for myself. But with a child and my body still in recovery it would be difficult.

I walked towards the stairs, but was stopped as the tall one blocked my way. I smelt his scent-definitely a human.

"How much is it to have you for one night?" He asked peering down at me,l laughing with his group of idiots. He was not sober.

"Look sir. I'm not a prostitute" I tired to stay calm but my palms were sweating.

Even in the state O was in I never thought of being a prostitute for money. I became angrier learning that all women's true asset was promiscuity that paid well for some.

"Is that one of your customer's baby?" the same man asked, tilting his head staring at Alina.

He was now angering me, but my eyes they were flickering turning black any minute. I took few steps back and again trying to attempt to enter the dingy building, but his large body blocked my way again.

Not only was he annoying but claiming my little Alina was a 'customers baby'. I can't believe he had the cheek to say such a thing.

"Look sir can you just move so I can go in" I replied coolly, taking no notice of the chuckles around me and the courage of this human. I still held my respect no matter how irritating was becoming. I have to be civil I thought. I couldn't blame him since I knew how hard it was living in this area. But this was no way to behave.

But not everyone in the area behaves like him but few did. Mostly people who have ran away or those who just like causing mayhem on the streets.

I prayed that Alina wouldn't end up like him.

"No madam." He mocked; I let out a low growl, which stared Alina. I stepped back soothing my baby who began to cry. I rocked her peaceful body back to sleep.

He came forward trying to touch me, I flinched away from him. I didn't want to get touched by anyone. What Adam did to me still scarred me.

I needed to forget about the past, I needed therapy or something. But just the thought of anyone touching me in that manner scared me.