Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I looked between both men, who were now glaring at one another. "Who's Leo?" I questioned. With my arms crossed over my chest, stubbornly.

I'm not getting what is going on. James stood taller in a threatening manner, growling quietly at Tom, who stood in the same position, but his eyes never lied about his feeling. Tom was afraid. This was all becoming messed up.

I tried hard trying t understand the situation. The reason it mainly haunts me is the fact that he's threatening Adams father. My mate. Alina's father. James is face to face with Alina's grandparents.

My lips were in a thin line evaluating both men. I scanned over both men's expression, they may have held a strong composure, but breath the aura I could see the pain in both men's eyes.

The glare James held was fierce, which made poor Tammy cower in her own skin, which unwillingly made her let a whimper, which softly escaped her mouth. That had gotten my attention looking at Tammy. She looked so broken; the look on her face broke my heart. She was in such a state, where she couldn't keep her eyes off James, even though he was threatening her and her mate. The adoring eyes that were on James made my mind go blank and look at her in confusion. James is threatening her mate and all she's doing is staring at the man who's doing it to her mate.

My head snapped back to James who let out a menacing growl, which made me flinch. But it wasn't only me who flinched. I hadn't seen this side of him which made me fear him. I knew he wasn't the one to start a fight or hate people for an unknown reason, but my heart clenched on thinking Tom must have done something hurtful to James, to turn him like this. He must have hurt James badly, that made him hold a grudge.

His eyes were darting fire at both of them. I just wanted t drag him away but I couldn't move.

But questions still seemed to swarm in my head. How did James know Tom and why did Tom call him Leo? And the look on Tammy's face broke my heart; she looked so crushed and sad, for an unknown reason. But why? They hardly know James.

"Mariah lets go" James said sternly, while glaring at Tom.

"James how do you know him?" I said through gritted teeth. He didn't even have the decency to look at me while speaking to me. His glare was firmly on Tom, whose expression changed from anger and disappointment to sadness. I didn't know what Tom had done to James, but it doesn't look good either.

"James?" Tom questioned in a hushed voice. "Where's our Leo gone?" Tom's voice broke down, as his head slumped down.

"He died along with his life!" James spat, but his voice started quivering while his hands trembled for something which I didn't understand? He either wanted to touch Tammy's hand who was pointing out to his, or he wanted to land a punch on Toms face. It had shocked me to see James like this, but the fact that I didn't know what was going on didn't help much in this case.

But then Leos name came again. I didn't know who this guy was, but he must have been someone important, if Toms keeps brining him up and making James angry.

"Who the hell is Leo?" I shouted over James growls. His persistent growl got more louder making his chest vibrate.

Tom looked at me shaking his head, which made James, growl even louder.

All I could see was Tammy with tears filling her eyes, while she kept on mumbling words to herself. The fact that her eyes glinted when the first time her eyes had settled on James. When James when he called out for me, his voice had made Tammy's ears perk with happiness. I never missed the sight of the adoring eyes she had sent James when she had seen him. She looked like she had all the money in the world. But that happiness and glint in her eyes disappeared when James glared at her.