1

I sighed as I rest my head on my pillow. I pull out my diary and start writing.

11. 03. 1956
Dear diary,
Today I-

I was suddenly cut off by my 4 siblings running into my room.

I am the eldest and I have to look after my brothers and sisters as mother was not well and father had left me when I was only 2 years old.

One asked if i could run outside with them.

I nodded my head, smiling.

"How about hide and seek? But with a twist?" I say.

The siblings looked at me in awe as I explained that once I found then, they had to run away from me. Until I caught them.

They nodded enthusiastically.

I start walking outside and start counting.

I lived in a small house, just near a Forrest and a massive paddock. In the middle of Ireland.

"7,8,9,10, ready or not, here I come." I shout.

I run around and search the property. Sure I was 19, but I still liked to play.

I saw a slight movement and all of my brothers and sisters scattered everywhere.

I run after one of them. Around the tree, around another tree, until we reached a massive tree that I hadn't seen before.

My other siblings were on one side of the tree, and I was on the other.

I run to the left and make a dash for it.

Suddenly, I hear an almighty crack and the ground beneath me starts to fall away.

I start screaming and falling. I hear my siblings voice scream "(yn)!"

I scream out, until I hit the bottom.

suddenly, I black out.