4

Jack listens carefully at everything that I am saying.

"So now I'm trapped here, basically." I sigh.

"So you are the (yn) (ln) who vanished 60 years ago?" Jack ask, frowning slightly.

"Yeah... And I'm still 19..." I sigh again.

"Did you want to stay with me?" Jack ask.

"I don't really know you though." I say.

"yeah. That's fine. Here's my number. Ya know, incase." Jack says, standing up.

Jack slips his number into my hand, then walks towards these big metal doors.

I watch him go.

"Right... If I have to change the world with my power, then that's what I'll do." I say, standing up and walking outside.

After a few hours, I see a lot of buildings. But not many trees.

I decide to wait until dark to grow the plants, so know one will see me.

Just like jack said, I can't use my powers in front of people.

?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿time skip??¿?¿?¿

I wake up with a jolt.

I was in a old abandon building, waiting to go and use my power.

I walk outside, and find a patch of grass.

I concentrate, and my hands start feeling weird.

Suddenly, I hear voices.

I jump in fright, then suddenly, the roots start growing.

"No no no, stop it." I whisper.

Suddenly, the roots vanish, and the voices are really close.

"Hey, young lady." A drunk voice said.

"Hi?" I nervously say.

"Come with us, we have a surprise." Another one slurred.

"Umm..." I say.

Then one grabbed my arm.

"Hey!" I shout, shoving them.

"Get her." One said.

They suddenly grab my arms, and start pulling me in the direction that they came from.

"Hey! Let her go!" I hear a familiar voice shout.

I then feel the pressure on my arms go away.

"Whatever." They slurred, before walking into each other and walking off.

"Thanks...jack?" I say, surprised.

"You really should stay with me. And why didn't you call?" Jack says, making sure I was ok.

"How on earth do I call?" I say.

"Ohhh." Was all jack said.

"What are you doing in the middle of the street?" I ask.

"I went to the pub. Look, please stay with me? It's not safe out here alone." Jack says.

"Fine... I just gotta do something." I mumble.

I place my hands out in front of me and start concentrating. The roots start growing.

I glance at jack, and his eyes were almost popping out of their sockets.

"You weren't lying." He says. "I thought you were just confused, that's why I just agreed with everything that you had said."

"Yeah." I say, looking up at the fig tree I just grew.

"Come on. It's late." Jack says, after I had finished growing the tree.

"Ok." I say, snapping the roots from my fingers.

"The world isn't what it use to be." Jack says, as we're walking to his place.

"What do you mean?" I say.

"People aren't as nice, polite, and sensitive." Jack says, looking sidewards at me.

"I found that out the hard way." I giggle.

For the first time, since I have gotten here, I actually laughed. And smiled.

"There you go. Happy now?" Jack chuckled.

"Yes." I chirped.

Sorry about the Irish references. Please don't take offence, coz that was the only thing I could come up with why (yn) was in danger and jack was in the street at night.   See ya!