CHAPTER I: JUST A DREAM (Baekhyun)

Tap tap tap tap. Rain poured heavily as I drove through the night. Houses on either side of the road had their porch lights on. I could see families gathering in their dining room. It was cold inside the car. My teeth chattered as I turned the heater a couple of notches higher. I looked at the rear view mirror and found my face reflected back at me. My eyes were tired and my blond hair was disheveled, like I'd just woken up from a bad dream. My face was blank. I stared back at the road. Was it me or all lights had suddenly gone out? I glanced at the dashboard. It's 6:12 in the evening. Then I started to get nervous, like something will appear right in front of my car, or in the car beside me. I took a deep breath and gripped the steering wheel harder. I saw an intersection ahead and a strange sign with only an arrow pointing to the left. And without thinking about it, I veered left. Bright lights blinded my sight as I turned the corner. I heard horns blaring in my direction. I was trying not to panic as I hit the car brakes. But I was too late. A force so strong knocked me out of my seat as another car slammed right into the driver's side. Glass shattered down on me as I banged my head on the dashboard so hard blood started flowing steadily on my face. I couldn't feel my body. I couldn't breathe. Darkness started to cloud my vision. And the last thing I heard was a familiar voice calling my name.

"Baekhyun, Baekhyun".

I was jolted awake by a muffled sound coming from my bedroom door. I looked around, breathing hard. I could hear my heart pounding rapidly in my chest. The room felt so hot that I was sweating from head to toe. It's just a bad dream, I thought as I peeled off the blanket. A couple of knocks echoed through my room.

"Come on in," I called out.

I took deep breaths and switched on the bedside lamp. I looked over the clock. It was 3:56 in the morning. The knob turned and the door opened, revealing a tall guy with caramel hair and golden brown eyes. Chanyeol. My oh-so-handsome 22 year old boyfriend.

I met him in middle school. He used to have a long hair then. I was running through a long corridor, late for my first class as I'd woken up late again, when I accidentally tripped on my left foot and fell down with a loud thud. A hand extended toward me. I took it gratefully as I patted my behind. It'd stung a little. I looked at the one who helped me and almost fell down again. It was Chanyeol. I had a big crush on him back then. He was sort of popular in our school. He walked me to my first class and after that we became closer. Close enough that we started going out on dates. And when we entered EXO Academy to take up Accountancy, he asked me if I could be his boyfriend. I was so happy I literally screamed yes. He took me in his arms and spun me in circles until I felt dizzy. It was the happiest moment of my college life. After we graduated, passed the exam, and found great jobs, we settled in a big house in Gangnam District.

Chanyeol entered my room with a smile on his face. He was wearing a plain white shirt and the blue pajamas I bought him last Christmas. He noticed the look on my face and quickly went to sit beside me to hold my hands.

"Are you alright?" he asked anxiously, touching my forehead.

I rested my head on his shoulder as he put his arms around me. "I'm alright. I just had a very bad dream," I whispered and yawned involuntarily.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Maybe some other time," I replied as Chanyeol kissed my forehead.

"You must be wondering why I woke you up this early," he muttered, rubbing my arm soothingly.

"I have a surprise for you. I want you to pack your things and get dressed because we're going somewhere," he announced and smiled at me, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

"A surprise? Going somewhere?" I asked lost in thought as to where he would be taking me.

He took my face in both hands and looked straight into my eyes. I almost fainted. "You'll love it. I promise."