The True Luna

Chapter Eight

I woke up from a terrible dream. I found myself in Mark's bed. I looked around and saw no one else around.

Why are we here? I asked Gloria.

Your mates with him, stupid. She replied.

Oh, right. I sighed.

I got out of bed. I went into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was messed up and I had bags under my eyes. I could tell why my hair was messy, but I had just slept why would I look tired.

I looked around for a brush and saw mine. So, my belonging are here, ok then. I brushed my hair and put it back in a high ponytail.

I noticed a crack in the wall behind the sink. It was as big as my pinky finger. I put my pinky inside and the wall made a clicking noise and opened. I jumped back as it passed in front of me.

I walked into the dark corridor behind the wall and took a lit torch from its hold on the wall as the wall closed behind me. Great now I trapped great job, Tala.

Do you always talk to yourself in your thoughts? Gloria asked.

No! I replied.

Don't forget, I'll always talk! She said happily.

I know, thanks. I smiled.

So, where are we? She asked.

I don't know, yet. Give me a minute. I replied.

Ok, until then. Bye. She said and left me thoughts.

I reached the end of the corridor and saw a small hole in the wall. I looked through it and what I saw was life changing. It was my brother and best friend... making out. He has a mate, though. I gasped and they stopped and turned towards the wall and I ducked down. The wall next to me slowly opened. Mark stood there and stared at me in shock.

I heard a door close through the wall with the hole. I stood up.

"What are you doing here?" Mark asked.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter. Tell me what your doing here!" He growled.

"I was in the bathroom and I saw a crack, the wall opened, I walked in, and now I'm here. Where are we even?" I asked.

"In the walls." He shrugged. "I found this place when I was just a young pup... I mean kid."

"What's wrong with using pup? We're part wolf, right? Besides." I sighed.

Besides, what? Gloria asked.

I don't know... I mumbled.

"Whatever." He mumbled.

I brushed past him. I walk down the hallway he came from and he followed me. It led to some stairs which I went down and came out to and giant underground cave with a giant lake formed by a waterfall come from above. I knew instantly, this was the last stop in the River of Truth's path.

"The Lake of Truth!" I gasped.

"How does she know this stuff?" Mark asked himself.

"I'm not that stupid." I smirked.

"So. Do you know the lakes significance?" He asked.

"That I don't." I frowned.

"At this lake you can meet face to face with your wolf and talk to them. It is also where you can become immortal if you know how, but at a cost." He explained.

"Let me guess, the cost is you lose your wolf." I guessed.

"No, you have to kill someone for each year you live." He said.

"Oh, that's worse." I mumbled.

"Yeah, I guess." He sighed.

"What do you mean 'I guess'?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said.

"Ok." I sighed and dropped the subject.

I sat at the each of the lake and Mark sat beside me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Would you care to tell me why I was in your bed this morning?" I asked.

"Well, you fell asleep in my arms yesterday." He smiled.

Aww... Gloria purred.

You just pop out an any random moment don't you. I laughed.

Yeah. She sighed.

"So, what happens from here?" I asked Mark.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, what happens me, us, the pack?" I asked.

"Well, what do you want to know, first?" He asked.

"Me." I replied.

"You talk to your wolf about that." He said.

"What about us?" I asked.

"Well, many choices." He smirked.

"We may be soul mates but I believe in marriage first." I said.

"Ok, chef don't judge!" He smiled.

"And the pack? What happens after collage is over for us, Alpha?" I asked.

"Well, one of my younger Betas will take charge and we will move the pack to unclaimed territory." He explained.

"I guess then we'll have to build a new pack house." I guessed.

"Yeah." He sighed. "I have to go check on something, but I be back in a bit."

"Ok, bye." I sighed.

He kissed my cheek and ran off. When he was out of sight in knelt at the each of the water. I saw it glisten and I poked it. It shimmered and a wolf appeared staying at the bank. She had a silver pelt and I knew it was my wolf, Gloria.

...

I sat there for a while shocked at what I was seeing. Finally when I was about to talk she interrupted me.

"It's nice to see you in person, Tala." She smiled.

"Nice to see you, too." I said.

"So, you know why this house was build here?" She asked.

"The lake?" I guessed.

"Yes. It is one end of the river." She frowned. "The other end is in unclaimed territory. Mark wants to claim it for our pack, but his dad and Lupus don't think it is a good decision."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Why not?! Because they land is a trap. It's not usual for a new Alpha like him to claim a territory that big and dangerous. Since it is the other end river, the beginning, many dangers live there." She growled. "It isn't friendly territory."

"Oh." I mumbled.

"So, will you you convince him to bring the pack somewhere else?" She asked.

"I-I don't know if I can." I stuttered.

"Just try!" She roared.

"Ok." I winced.

"Good." She smirked.

"Why is it that important? Can't we fight the danger?" I asked.

"To dangerous." She frowned.

I stood up. Gloria sat down. I heard footsteps from the stairwell. Mark walked over to me and looked at Gloria.

"So, you're Tala's wolf. Name?" He asked.

"Gloria." She spat.

"You may be Luna, but I'm still your Alpha." He growled.

"Gloria leave." I ordered.

She rolled her eyes and dove into the water. It shimmered and calmed. When the light died down I saw a pendant on the ground. It had a wolf howling in front of a crescent moon. I picked it up and put it on.

"Why are you putting that on?" Mark asked.

"It's mine." I said.

"It is?" He asked.

"I earned it. I faced the truth and my fear." I mumbled.