Blood red (romanogers)

Today is the day! I'm going to confess to Natasha. I had prepared for this evening with the internet's help! It said when you are going to confess, do it under a cherry tree. "Now where are some cherries?" I mumbled.

I found some in the "don't touch! Tony's" drawer in the ice box.

I started hanging the blood red cherries on the tree where we had that avenger picnic. The Internet also said to get red roses. I grabbed some out of the vase in the hall. I hope pepper won't mind...

I glanced at the hall clock expecting to see 5:30. "WHAT?!" I yelled, confused. That's weird. Why does my watch say 5:37 when the hall clock is 7:59?!

"IM GONNA BE LATE!" I frantically yelled while running to the tree. Crap! Natasha is already there! Wait.... Who is that with her?

There was a brown-headed man with a fancy tux on. I couldn't see his face behind Natasha's red hair.  A sense of jealousy flushed over me. Now now! I scolded myself, they could just be talking!

The man quickly wrapped his arms around Nat, letting me see his face.

Tony

He smirked at me with pure delight. The flowers in my hand fell onto the soft grass. The soft thunk must have caught Natasha's attention because she brushed the hair from her face and saw me.

Her face instantly lit up, gleaming ear to ear.

What was it he said again? Oh yes... "She'll pull you into her web." Not going to fall for it again. I jammed my hands into my pocket, slowly walking away.

Thump thump thump thump.

I turned around to see Natasha running at me. "STEVE!" She accidentally tripped over Tony's foot, sending her flying into me. We both fell onto the ground, putting us in a....... Uncomfortable position.

"Ah! Natasha!" I stammered. "S-Sorry!" We heard laughing from behind us. Followed by a click. Tony had a camera out, taking pictures. "Perfect! Perfect!" He giggled, "Perfect for the fanservice!"

Natasha quickly got up and punched him. "First you attack me with an unexpected hug, now this?!" Oh... So that's why. Tony scrambled to his feet and started laughing again.

"I tried to make Cap jealous by changing the clocks and making him see me with Nat but..." He continued snickering. "This is waayyyy better!"

I walked over to Nat, a little nervous and...

I gave her a quick kiss on the lips. Her lips tasted like strawberries and I yearned for more but... What if she doesn't want me?

Natasha looked a little perplexed, a hand to her mouth. She was a little hesitant to touch her lips, like she was afraid it would sting. She gave me a sweet smile and said, "for a fossil.... You sure know how to kiss!"

She threw herself back onto me, kissing me with a passion I had never even experienced with Peggy. It felt like fireworks dancing around inside of me.

*click*

Our heads sharply turned to Tony, steam coming out our ears. We didn't say anything. Nat and I threw the blanket set out over him, tied it up with the lantern rope, and threw him in front of the tower.

"Cap..." Natasha muttered. She sounded... Nervous? That's weird... She never gets nervous. In fact, she barely shows any emotion.

I ran my fingers through her soft hair. "Yes?" I asked. She wrapped her arms around my neck. "I love you." S-She loves me? I thought... I thought she was just playing with me.

I smiled at her and repeated her words. "I love you too Nat."