Nightmare (Romanogers again rip)

"How is she Steve...? I can't imagine how she's feeling right now."

I reassured Tony that Natasha was going to be fine and hung up the phone. He gently opened the door and sighed in relief when he saw the red head asleep, her breathing slow and steady.

Five hours earlier we had gotten a distress signal from a small town in Russia, where Natasha was spying on Loki, the so called God of Mischief. But when the rest of the Avengers and I got there, nobody but the Black Widow was there.

She was screaming and holding her head, talking only in short phrases or sentences. They mainly consisted of "Alexei" or "Red room, Ivan".

When we had tried to calm her down, she pinned me down and put a gun to my head, her eyes shining a faint blue against her green. She wasn't absolutely under his control thank goodness.

"Nat." I had said. "It's me, Steve. You know, the fossil?"

I couldn't understand what she said next, it was all in Russian.

"Стив? Пожалуйста, помогите мне. Я только доверять вам."

Then she fell forward. Her gun slid off my head and onto the floor.

Now she was tucked into my bed, in my apartment... thanks Tony.

It's not that I didn't like Natasha. I do. It's just, couldn't Tony find Natasha's apartment...?

I sighed and walked to the living room to the couch. A blanket and pillow were waiting for me.

Soon I drifted off to sleep...

I woke up to the sound of screaming, coming from my room.

"Crap. Natasha?!" I raced in there, grabbing my shield on the way.

Luckily for me, there were no hostiles. Unluckily for me, Natasha was having a nightmare.

She kept screaming the same name over and over. Alexei.

I sighed softly and sat on the edge of the bed, wrapping my arms around her as I did. I gently dragged her onto my lap and held her, softly saying, "shh shh it's okay you're safe." Or "it's just a dream... you're okay."

I gently rocked her and ran my fingers through her red hair. "You're just having a nightmare..."

Natasha started murmuring in her sleep, slowly calming down.

"Alexei...... I...I'm.... so.. sor...ry. I couldn't save......."

She went limp against me, sound asleep again.

I tried to put her back in bed but anytime I moved, she whimpered and grabbed my arm.

So I held her to my chest and leaned against the wall. And soon I too fell asleep.

GAAAH MOST OF THESE HAVE BEEN ROMANOGERS IM SO SORRY! ITS MY OTP! SCREAM ILL DO DIFFERENT ONES I PROMISE AH!