| Chapter Twelve : New Girl...and a Party |

We sat there on the couch, me fully knowing he meant it and I fully knowing I didn't entirely mean it... So what does that make me? A liar? A stupid idiot that just wanted a fufilling prank on Alex?

Well, I think that prank came back to slap me in the face. Realization struck me like a lightning bolt.

The way Alex had been looking at me in the mall, the way his figure losened up around me over the past two days struck me hard. Alex liked me. Alex actually liked me... When in the heck did that happen?!

"D-do you truly mean it?" I questioned again, almost frowning. I caught myself and but my lip instead.

"Yes...why? Do you doubt me or something?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows together slightly.

"Well...yes, kind of, and...it was meant to be a prank..." I almost whispered, mentally kicking myself in the butt for doing this. But Alex would do something like this, too... And I knew it.

"Oh, well uh... Ha... Ha, yeah it's totally a prank." He said, nodding and forcing a few ha's out.

"T-totally...heh...heh..." I stated, forcing a few laughs out as well. Well this all got 10 times more awkward and confusing... Like what?

Suddenly Alex spoke up, "I-I should be going now."

"Okay..." I muttered, nodding slightly as we both stood up.

He kissed my head tenderly, pulling away and winking before he said good night and left. He left my mind wandering amongst the clouds, drifting in thoughts and bewilderment. Did Alex actually like me? Was he... Forcing laughter about that and not smirking his fool head off?

Wow... My mind is blown... If this is true, then dad-gum it all... I'm wining! The player is losing in his own game.

But wait, I can't lose my head. This could all be a prank. I've got to stay focused on this here and not let him get to me.

And that's exactly what's going to happen.

~-❤-~

The next day was hectic, school was buzzing, people were rampaging about; seeing as though we were going to have a Halloween party and all, it was kind of essential. Alex was helping haul heavy things into the gym. He saw me and smirked as his head lifted up slightly then went back down normally before he actually spoke up once he got closer.

"Hey, Jocey boo." He smirked and winked. Argh, him and his stupid arrogant...frickin...

"Hey, Alley boo." I smirked and winked back. If I put on a show, I might as well make a good performance. And that I did...

I winked again, twirling around, my hair flying around swiftly and all at once. I took a step, only to find out that I almost tripped myself with my big, fat, clumsy feet. Luckily I caught myself and shook my pride - well... Whatever was left of it - and walked away towards my locker. I could feel eyes peeling right into my skull - and not just two eyes, but quite a few. My cheeks tried to summon the red hottedness that showed I was embarrassed, but I fought it off.

Once I arrived at my destination, I saw the back of someone that I hadn't seen in school before. But I wasn't about to make a fool of myself again, so I just went straight to my locker - which ironically was right beside her's; locker number 214. I smiled warmly when she noticed me and waved, not shyly, but full of confidence and charm.

Her fair skin was tanned lightly - not too dark, and not too light - with beautiful golden brown eyes. They weren't like a brown I had ever seen - it was almost a honey color, but hazel spread through out them as well. Her lips were covered in lip gloss as her eyelids had a smokey eyed look to them. Her clothes were indie but sassy, with a hint of girlie mixed in. Her figure was basically the definition of perfect to a guy... Or girl - thin, but not stick thin, curvy, but not fat. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on her that she was going to be the most popular girl - maybe even more popular than Amber if it's possible.

"Excuse me..." Her voice chimed to me, bringing me back from my stalker-like-stare on her. I blinked as I felt the warmth tingling in my cheeks again.

But what was really interesting was her accent. She was defiantly new, and gorgeous... And quite fit... She had a muscular tone to her legs and arms, the muscles rippled through her skinny jeans.

Wow, I am seriously acting like a stalker here. Not to mention I'm staring at her like a freak and not replying. Great start, Joce. Great start.

Stalker mode: on.

"Oh, sorry... Yes?" I said warmly, smiling and blushing a bit. She giggled a smidge before she answered.

"I said hello, do you know where I can get to Mrs. Dason's class?" Her thick English voice asked.

"Oh, yes, just take two lefts and a right through those big doors over there." I said, pointing to some doors that lead to class rooms.

Our school building is very weird, just like me... Huh...

"Okay, thank you!" She exclaimed cheerily, smiling and showing her pearly white teeth. Wow, she was like a model...like...seriously!

She walked away - note, walked, not sashayed like stupido Amber. But see, here's the thing...

She ran into Alex.

And blushed profusely as he smirked to himself.

"Sorry!" She exclaimed, still blushing.

He chuckled lightly, "It's fine. You new?"

"Wow, give the boy a medal! He's a genius. Hope my accent didn't give it off..." She stated, winking. He chuckled again and smirked.

Suddenly, at the bottom of my gut, I felt something. It was gleaming like a flickering light, but soon getting a bit stronger. No, No, No, No.

I am not jealous.

Nope, no sirree, not me.

"Where are you from?" He asked, smiling ever so lightly.

"England." She stated, smiling and baring her white teeth. "Well, I should be off to class. See you around."

"See you around." He said, nodding and walking off with two other guys, carrying a heavy...thing...

I frowned, turning around and facing my locker while I started my hyperventilation.

I am so not feeling jealousy. There is just like, no way. None at all. Nope.

I smacked myself, staring into my locker as I tried to chill myself down. Suddenly it hit me...no, literally...it hit me. My locker door seemed to come to life and smack me in the face. Like, ow.

Oh, wait, it didn't come to life. My hand slipped and smacked it. Riiight.

I nodded my head to myself as I shook my head and slammed my locker door shut, walking to class. Although that....British...girl was quite flirty and whatnot...she was quite amusing.

~-♥-~

I sat down at the cafeteria table and started nibbling at my food, looking around the room. Serenity was absent again, Alex was with the populars, and the British girl was getting a plate full of salad...and an apple. Way more self-control than I could ever have.

Way more.

She's going to have to teach me how she does it, because seriously, one of these days my metabolism is going to cut off short and I'll be looking like a bloated wale....a pregnant bloated wale. No offense to those awesome wales, though.

Suddenly she started walking towards me, towards me! Instead of the populars, she was looking at me and smiling and walking towards me and this is too good to be true and I'm really getting a run-on sentence going on here and whoop, done.

Amber cut her off, chewing her gum; quite loudly might I add.

"Where are you going, hmm?" Amber asked, her bubble gum lips matched the bubble gum in her mouth as she blew a small bubble and snapped it.

"Uh..." The British girl spoke up, taking her finger and pointing towards me, "over there."

"Hah!" Amber snorted, continuing to chew her gum, "You go over there, hon, and your social life is going down the drain."

The British girl stopped, biting her lip ever so slightly as she noticed Alex looking towards them. But, by now, basically everyone was watching. The room was so quiet that if you dropped a pin, you could hear the echoing booms it would make when it hit the ground.

"You know, I'd rather have my social life ruined, or "going down the drain" as you say, than hang out with you popular people. People like you make me sick to my stomach, you're an idiot. I'm sure you aren't all that in reality, now are you?" The British girl shot back, sticking her hip out and holding her tray on it. Her lips pursed close as she stared Amber straight in the eyes.

Amber stood there, eyes wide, jaw dropped (to which her gum almost popped out), and stuttering. The queen of popularity... Was stuttering.

"I-I...I...It...I...I...I..." She kept stuttering, her gum almost leaving that dirty mouth of hers. As she stuttered more, her face grew red. Soon she was storming out of the lunch room. The kids were clapping and sniggering as the British girl shook her head and walked over towards me again.

"Hi again!" She said, smiling and nodding.

"Hi!" I said happily, grinning ear to ear.

I like this girl.

"Sorry, didn't catch your name earlier. I'm Trinity, but you can call me Trin." She smiled again, holding her hand out to shake mine.

I extended my hand, gripping hers as I shook it and introduced myself, "I'm Jocelynn, but everyone calls me Joce."

We let go of each others hand and set them on our lap. Trin spoke up, "Lovely name! Nice to meet you, Joce."

"Nice meeting you too, and your name is lovely as well. I like it." I replied, grabbing my fork and putting a few of my macaroni in my mouth.

Mmm, macaroni and cheese.

"So, what's up with you and the blonde bimbo?" Trinity asked, taking a few pieces of lettuce and putting it in her mouth, slowly chewing.

"Oh, she's just your typical cheer leader... Popular snot... And some other things... She's a big nasty bully too. Good job giving her a what-for." I stated, grinning and giving her a thumbs up at the end.

"Oh, it's nothing," she chuckled out after swallowing her lettuce, "back where I live there was a girl just like her. Stupid people like that are just... Jackasses. Donkeys. Idiots. All that jazz."

I giggled lightly, taking another bite of my food and swallowing it before replying, "Yeah... Wish there were less people like that out there."

"Yup! But some just need... A little..." she paused for a second, glancing over to the popular table. Obviously looking at Alex. Not gonna get to me, nope.

"Love." She finally finished, looking back at me and taking another bite of her salad.

"Oh...erm, if you're talking about Alex...uh...he and I are kinda...kinda...umm, yeah..." I mumbled out, blushing a bit as I made eye contact with my food. Suddenly food became very interesting.

"Oh! Are... Do you mean... Dating? Are you two dating?" She basically whispered, blushing as she did so.

"Well, to some extent..." I replied, lightly nodding.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry!" She exclaimed softly.

I shook my head, smiling lightly, "It's okay, you would have never known anyways. Especially with that flirty fart."

She and I both giggled, snickers thrown in as well. When we finally stopped, we ate more and introduced ourselves more. Soon the bell rung and we had to break up our little chat. She wondered off towards her class as I did the same, wondering how the Halloween party would go. Well, guess I'll find out soon enough, right?