| Chapter Fourteen : Sleep-over |

He grabbed my wrist and moved it away from his mouth, gripping onto my hand soon after and looking at me. His face grew closer to mine as he leaned in softly and slowly. The goose bumps were crawling up to my face, now covering me all over as I tried to keep from shivering. The scariness of this all made my mind work in fast forward as I blinked. I jerked away, shaking my head and giving him a sorrowful expression as I gripped my hair and backed up.

My hands dropped to my side as his lips parted, about to speak up, but by the time a verbal noise came from his parted lips... I was gone. I was running away.

You chicken! The inward voice cried at me, but I replied back, I don't care.

I ran, my mind raced, my heard throbbed. I didn't want to hurt Alex...no matter how much of a douche he was...because he was starting to come around. Knowing his story - about his dad - just hurt me more. I couldn't play with anyone's feelings like that, no matter who it was.

It just wasn't my nature. It wasn't my being. It wasn't me.

I'm going to figure this out, I thought to myself again, I'm going to avoid him until I know how I feel about him. I'm going to figure it out and I'm going to accept the answer. I need to.

So, like any sensible person, I ran to the bathroom.

The one he couldn't get into.

I wasn't going to ditch school while avoiding him, it was only a day. I could avoid him the rest of the day and it wouldn't be a problem...

Or would it...?

~-♥-~

I survived avoiding him all day somehow, maybe he was avoiding me too though. I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure of anything. It was if life that day was a tiny vapor of non-existence, it was as if life was a dream, and when I woke up... I wouldn't be here. I don't know where my mind was taking me, I didn't know if I liked Alex or not... My head felt heavy on one side and light on the other. Life is too complicated.

I sighed as I banged my locker door shut and started walking towards the school building doors. Serenity softly sneaked up and walked beside me. I didn't even know it until I looked up and saw her out o the corner of my eye.

"Whoa! Hey, Serenity." I said startled then relaxed.

"H-hi there." She said in her almost whisper as she smiled lightly.

"Where've you been?" I asked curiously.

Suddenly she froze and just stood there. I halted and looked over at her, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked softly, looking at her. "You can trust me, you know."

She sighed softly as she shook her head, "It-it's nothing..."

"C'me on, Serenity." I said coaxingly.

"N-no... I-I don't want to get you into anything..." She said, just above a whisper.

I frowned again but nodded. Then a smile rose upon my face as I spoke up, "Hey! Do you want to come to my place for a sleep over?"

"Um... I don't know..." She said softly.

"Would your parents be okay with it? Come on! It'll be fun, and Trinity will be there. I'll introduce you two." I said happily, smiling with a hopeful smile.

Serenity stood there, staring at me almost like a deer in the headlights look, but quickly recovered and nodded smiling ever so lightly and gently.

"Serenity, you don't have to if you don't –" I started.

"Nah, it'll be fun." She cut me off, nodding once more. "Where do you live?"

"Well, see, I have two places to go. One of which is my home I grew up in, the other is like my own house that I kind of just hang out in. I think we'll use that house." I stated, smiling and walking towards the door with her again as I explained where it was. She nodded and smiled, then went off her way to get her pajamas and all the necessary things.

Next I looked all over for Trin. Soon I found her; her pink pumps made her taller, so it was a bit easier to spot her. I made my way over to her and greeted her with a smile to which she returned.

"Hey, Joce!" She exclaimed happily.

"Hiyah, Trin!" I exclaimed just as happily.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Ah, nothing much. But I was wondering – I know this is last minute – if you wanted to come over to my place tonight and have a sleep over with me and Serenity." I answered, smiling again at the end.

"Oh yeah sure!" She said happily, clapping her hands and lightly bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement.

I giggled lightly before I replied, "Kay, great!"

I told her also where my little house was. I also mentioned for her to be there around 5ish, to which she nodded gleefully and said she'd be there. I grinned and walked off after saying good bye.

Well...time to get some food and things, I thought to myself.

I skipped lightly as I went in the direction towards the mall. I grabbed a bunch of chips, some marshmallows, and a few other things. Then I went onto Little Ceasers and got some pizza and bread-sticks.