Chapter One - My First Day

6:00am.

Why the hell would anyone want to wake up that early on a Monday morning? I slammed my hand over my phone and slid my lazy finger over the screen to unlock it and turn off the damn alarm. I was far too tired to function and decided that closing my eyes for just two more minutes would help.

It did not, at all.

When my mum burst into my room telling me I had 10 minutes to get ready, I realised those two minutes of resting my eyes turned into two hours of sleep.

“Shit” I muttered whilst my mother walked out of the room. I jumped out of bed, and stumbled into the shower. I only bothered to shampoo my hair because I didn’t really have any time to do anything else. I quickly dried myself off, put on my new school uniform and dried my hair with the hair dryer. I have really long hair and it takes forever to dry, so by this point I was getting extremely impatient. I decided on putting my hair up in a messy bun and only wearing foundation and a little mascara to go for a more natural look on the first day at my new school.

I ran down the stairs, collecting my bag off the bottom step. I took a slice of toast off the counter that my mum had made earlier and quickly hurried out to the car where she was waiting.

“You ready?” She asked, with a sympathetic smile on her face.

“Yes mum, I’m used to this now”

I felt her eyes burning into the side of my face as I looked ahead at the road.

It’s true, I’m used to moving schools now, since my mum’s job takes her all over the country and I have to go with her. We were now currently living in Bristol.

She dropped me off outside the school gates, wished me luck and drove off.

Eugh, I hate the first day. I don’t know anybody, I don’t know what they’re like and I don’t know what they could do. I just hope that if I do integrate into a friendship group, it won’t be the wrong kind. Like with the kind of people who put pressure on you to get drunk and do drugs. Those kind of people aggravate me so much it’s unreal.

I walked past everyone up to the school’s office and noticed a few pairs of eyes on me as I hurried along. It’s amazing how a few stares can make you feel so intimidated and insecure.

I entered the small and empty room that was the office and instantly noticed the old woman sat behind a desk, looking as if expecting someone.

“Ah Chloe is it? I’ve got your timetable here”

So it was me, obviously.

“Thank you”

“You have about 20 minutes until the first bell so would you like me to show you around or would you like just have a wander yourself?”

“Oh I’ll just have a walk round on my own if that’s alright, try and make some friends and that”

“Okay sweetheart, have a nice day” The woman smiled at me with such comfort and sympathy that I found myself staring back with a confident smile.

C’mon Chloe, let’s go on an adventure.

I wandered around the school for about 10 minutes, taking in my surroundings, when I heard loads of loud voices. I walked closer to where it was coming from, the cafeteria. I decided on walking in, maybe I’d find someone to help me get through the day. I looked around uncomfortably, just looking, when I noticed a blonde haired girl look up at me and give me a warm smile. I smiled back and then she waved for me to go over there.

She was sitting on her own.

“Hello” I said and she responded with “You must be the new girl? I’m Jess, you’re in all of my classes!”

Wow, not only is she the first student I’ve spoken to at this school but she also just so happens to be in the same classes as me? I was sure this girl would definitely not be a stranger to me anymore.

We talked for a while about ourselves and we actually have quite a lot in common, we both like pop AND rock music, we prefer boys with attitude and both of our parents were single. Except she lived with her dad instead of her mum.

Whilst we were talking she went completely silent and started staring towards the cafeteria doors.

That’s when I saw him.

The curly brown hair.

The dark mysterious eyes.

The wide, gorgeous smile.

The cute dimples.

That’s when I knew that I believed in love at first sight.

“Oh my goodness, who is that?” I asked Jess without disconnecting my stare from the absolutely gorgeous boy who had just walked in.

“That’s George, George  Shelley.”