Chapter Four - Our First Interaction

School today has been an interesting experience. it was my first day, i already had a new friend just like me and im project partners with the most gorgeous boy attending the school.

Wow.

As i was walking down the quiet road back to my house from school, i heard an almighty screech coming from up above me. As i tilted my head back to analyse what it was, i noticed a cat had gotten stuck up a tree. It was only a little high up but it would be easy for me to get up there and help the poor animal. i looked around to see if anyone was about to kind of help me get up it but when i realised the street was deserted, i dropped my bag on the floor and made my way up to the furry little cat.

Pulling my weight up on the branches ws quite difficult for me, considering i felt this way, i also assumed the branches were going to break any minute now. But me being the caring person i am, realised i had to save this cute kitten.

When i finally reached the grey and white cat, it jumped straight onto me and dug its claws into my skin, piercing my top.

"FUCK!" It was so painful but when i looked down into the cats eyes i noticed it wasn't trying to purposely hurt me, it was absolutely terrified. Anyone could see that if you looked into it's desperate eyes.

Ignoring the stinging pain in my stomach from the cats sharp claws, i managed to reach the ground and pull the clingy cat off of me. I set it down gently on the cold, winter floor, patted the top of its head, picked up my bag and headed off home.

After about 10 minutes of walking peacefully and triumphant, i came to my front door. As i looked into my bag to find my house key, i noticed the cat had followed me home and was sitting right next to me as if expecting to come in. How cute.

I felt so sorry for the poor little creature.

I unlocked the door, stepped inside and waited for the cat to walk through the door. I got a bowl of milk and some blankets, placed them on the floor and let the cat roam around, taking in its surroundings. i dont know if it belongs to someone but that cat looks like it hasn't eaten in days, so until someone comes along to fetch it, i'm going to keep it as my own. Poppy. That's what im going to call it, i hope it's a she, i dont really feel like looking.

George's POV

Did i really just witness that? The new girl? Saving a kitten?

I was sat on a bench nearby, it was quite hidden so people on the street couldn't see me, but i could see them. One person i noticed was the new girl Chloe, damn was she beautiful. i couldn't help but watch her every move when i noticed she stopped walking and was looking up towards the sky.

i stood up and walked to a tree, still not exposing myself, and watched her.

She saved a cat, from her own free will. She didn't have to do it.

it shows how caring she is.

How gorgeous she is.

How lovely she is.

How perfect she is.

And i haven't even said one word to her, but i can't because my 'friends' will make her life hell if i ever get somewhere with her. This project will be the death of me, and i hope, not her.