Chapter | 6 |

The next day, I woke up early in the morning and got ready. I had a large schedule planned for this Sunday, school started on Monday and there were a billion things I had to get done. This included getting more stuff for my room, picking up my textbook and student identification, applying for a parking space, and looking around for a campus job.

I liked working, it gave me a sense of accomplishment each time I got my pay check. Even though, I'm on a scholarship that gives me money to use, I'd still like to earn something rather than get everything handed to me. On top of that, my mom was planning on sending my car today, but it would arrive either on Tuesday or Wednesday. I was excited to get my car, because public transportation really wasn't my thing.

Eager to get my day started, I dressed fast. Putting on dark blue skinny jeans and a plain red v-neck shirt. On my feet I wore red converse sneakers. My hair was easy, I placed it in a messy bun, and quickly applied mascara, eyeliner, and a light gloss on my lips. By the time I was done, it was around eight thirty and Lillian was still sound asleep.

Finding out Lillian had an interest in girls made me slightly uncomfortable to share a room with her. I didn't know how I would work out changing clothes in front of her, would she watch me while I did? Honestly, I was hoping I wasn't her type. I didn't want to change rooms because I didn't want to be racist against het, after all she was allowed to love whoever she loved. Plus, I liked boys, so I would never go for her and she knew that. Well, I hope she knew that.

Pushing that thought from my head, I grabbed my phone and my bag. The bag was cute, it was a light brown with shrill hanging off of it; at least I thought it was called shrill. Quietly, I tiptoed out of the room and closed the door gently behind me, locking it swiftly before walking down the hall. I liked college, the feeling of freedom to do whatever I liked, whenever I liked excited me. I could go and get a tattoo right now and nobody would tell me a thing, except my family when the saw it.

My thoughts drifted to Liam and how my family would react to him. My mom would probably faint at the amount of piercings he had and where they were placed. My dad would go on and on about ink poisoning and how ugly it would look when Liam got older, scolding him for getting so many. My sister would ask him endless questions about the pictures and tell him that drawing on his skin was bad. But my brother would want one immediately, heck, he already wanted one.

I chuckled say the thought of Liam sitting with my family at dinner, he looked so different from them. To my dismay his form shifted and Max was seated at the table, a perfect fit in the scenery. He laughed and passed the lettuce to my mom, she thanked him politely and listened to his story about his soccer game. My dad praised him on the amount of goals he made that season. My brother sat bored and my sister tugged on his shirt, flooding him with random questions.

The imagination was enough to make me burst into tears, but thankfully I bumped into someone and that snapped me out. The person I'd bumped into was a boy, a tall boy with almost black hair and olive skin. His eyes were cold and so dark that you could barely even see his pupils. He was dressed in black everything, from his t-shirt to his Nikes. He was the most intimidating guy that I'd ever seen, I literally wanted to crawl away and hide from him.

"Usually when someone bumps into someone else, they apologize." He barked, his voice was like ice. It sent an unpleasant shiver throughout my body, making me feel cold even though it was hot.

"I-um-I-uh," I stuttered like a fool, flattering when his glare intensified. "I'm so sorry." I rushed the words out, feeling my face get hot as other students gave me weird looks.

The boy nodded and walked past me as if nothing happened. I watched him go, relief flooding me when he was finally gone. For some reason I didn't like that boy, I didn't even want to give him I chance. I just felt like something was wrong with him and there was a strong reason why I should steer clear of him. I would listen to the voice in my head this time- not because she was right, but because I was already terrified of this boy. I did not need another encounter with him.