Chapter | 15 |

I'd been in the hospital all day, the doctor coming in to do tests on me and the nurses changing my bandages every few hours. According to them,my wound was getting better and healing just right. I was just happy that my skull wasn't fractured and I didn't lose my memory or anything.

A few hours ago, I'd learned that the hospital had contacted my mom and she would be here in the morning of tomorrow. As much and I loved my mom, I didn't want her to come. In a matter of a few months, received two hospital visits and both of them were for head wounds. This was enough cause for her to stay in California with my for just about the rest if my life. Finally, I got to be on my own and because of Liam and my foolish judgement I was about to lose all of that.

Other than that news, I got to see loads of my friends today. In the morning, I'd woken up to Lillian, Macy, and and Isaac. They stayed with me for the rest of the morning and some of the afternoon. basically. Isaac made sure to fill me on the entire museum trip, putting in so much detail that I felt like I was there. Macy was a doll and brought in tons of romantic comedies for is yo watch together, while Isaac and Lillian went to their morning classes. We also had tons of candies and popcorn to enjoy.

Though, when Lillian and I were alone she made it very clear how disappointed in my she was. She never missed a chance to tell me that she knew this was gong to happens had that she warned me time and time again but I was too hard headed to listen to her. As much as I loved Lillian, I hated that she parented me. It felt like she was my mother sometimes and I didn't like that about her. I wanted to yell at her and tell her this but I held it back because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

When they left, Zoe came through. The last person I expected to see was Zoe, I hadn't seen her in a while. She didn't stay long though, she brought me some flowers and candy. We even shared a short exchange about her and how she's been. Apparently, she got a job at a tattoo parlor a short while away from campus, she hadn't been around because she's been spending most of her time there. She met a cool guy and they're considering going steady. I was happy for her, at least someone's life wasn't going to rot.

Jasmine didn't come through. I hadn't seen her in a while either, I wonder what she's been up too.

An hour after Zoe had left, Joshua came into my room. I'd never been so excited to see someone in my entire life. Just like everyone else he came bearing gifts, but he brought a little more than everyone. He had the flowers and the candies, but he also had a large bear and a balloon that read 'Feel Better Soon'. He stayed with me for about two hours and we basically just talked. There was one thing he said that almost brought me to tears and pain to my heart. He'd said;

"When I was younger, my parents would always take us to this dock. It was really pretty, there was a lighthouse off the corner where the prettiest brightest flowers would grow. I'd always planned to take someone special there with me, to picnic and watch the waves. It would be our little secret hideout... It's sad, I don't think I'd ever find someone that special, because everyone around me isn't real."

After his statement we'd sat in silence for a few moments, watching the tv screen in the corner that was airing Loney Toons. It sucked that everyone faked around Joshua, and even if he didn't find a girl who he liked, who's to say that she isn't faking too? His whole world could be filled with lies and betrayals and he might not be aware of it. What sucks the most is that I can't offer advice or any sort of help because I don't know his situation, and I never will. All I can offer is friendship, will that be enough?

When he left, I was alone for another few hours and then Harry came. Which brings us back to the present. Harry was laying next to me on my hospital bed, on the side that was empty of cords and machines. We were watching a Fast and Furious movie, one that is seen only a billion times. It was the new one, the one that came out before we lost the amazing actor

Paul Walker in that horrific car crash.

"This is my favorite part, when she kills herself to save him. Isn't that so sweet?" I said looking at Harry.

Harry smiled and looked at me. "I guess but now he has to live without her. I would've jumped too."

"But then that ruins her sacrifice, she didn't want him to die." I argued.

"True, but then again he didn't want her to die. Alls fair in love and war." Harry added.

I sat up and grabbed his head with both of my hands, turning it gently. "What goes on in that brain of yours, what is it?" I asked giggling.

He chuckled. "If you knew, you'd think I was crazy."

"I have a feeling it's ass and more ass."

He put on a hurt expression. "Why do I have the feeling that you look at me as some sort of caveman with no morals?" He asked.

"Maybe because I do, a little." I giggled.

Harry gasped putting a hand on his chest. "I resent that, and I would argue with you completely but you lucky I have to use the lou." He started to get up,

"The lou, you've been in America for how long and you still call it the lou?"

"Whatever. The toilet, you know what I mean. Don't patronize me." Harry winked before walking out if the room.

See, my brain said, this is how it should be. You should be able to joke around and laugh, your relationship should be easy and it shouldn't have you constantly in the hospital to realize that. Liam is no good for me and he obviously didn't care, he didn't even show his face at the hospital not once to see how I'm doing or anything. Why am I so focused on someone who doesn't give a damn about me when I should be focused on someone who truly cares about me?

Harry came back into the room, wiping his hands with a napkin and throwing the napkin away. He smiled at me and sat down next to me on the bed.

"So it's true?" I asked grinning.

He looked at me confused. "What's true?"

"That boys pee fast, duh."

Harry laughed and rolled his eyes. "Maybe I'm the only guy who pees fast. I have to, so girls won't have time to go through my phone."

I rose a brow and giggles. "Mr. Styles, you are a piece of work." I teased.

Harry and I spent the rest of the day together, until it was time for him to leave. When he was gone it felt like the worst thing ever, I felt so lonely and all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry. Being in this hospital room was starting to get to me, I hated seeing these walls even though I'd only been here two days and for the first day I was asleep. I already felt like I was being suffocated, I couldn't handle it.

I couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard I tried, when I looked at the clock it was already four a.m in the morning and I hadn't gotten one ounce of shut eye. My head was starting to hurt, and overall I was beginning to feel sick.

He didn't come in as silently as you would think, and he didn't look too good either. The way he was walking, with a limp scared me but I didn't want to scare him. I knew who he was without needing a light on and just knowing that he came gave me a burst of joy. He made his way around the bed, I could see him looking down at me. He didn't look happy, he didn't look upset, he didn't look angry, but he did look-scared?

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I would've come sooner but I couldn't, they held me up-I'm glad you're okay. I should've left you alone, this is my fault. I'm a screw up, I'm so sorry. God, you're not even awake to hear this..." He paused and looked at the item in his hand.

What was it? He turned it, and the moonlight finally hit it. It was a rose, but not any normal rose but a white one. "I'm sorry..." He whispered and set the rose down next to me, for a moment he looked like he was going to kiss me. But instead he stilled and stumbled backwards, then he collapsed.

I shot up from my bed, turning on the light. "Liam!" I screamed slamming my fist against the emergency button, and dropping to the ground. Not giving a single shit what detached from my body, I was to scared to care.