Chapter Three

Day six of training

It's been just under a week since I saw my dad and id be lying if I told you i didn't miss him.

I lie awake at night wondering how he's coping, terrified the voices have gotten to him. Terrified he hasn't called for help.

I stand in my room, putting up the posters he packed for me with Blu-Tac. There's my Lara Croft poster, my Back to the Future poster, Lord of the Rings poster and my Harley Quinn poster, along with a few photos of me and my friends and family.

His arm hangs over my shoulder in one photo as we both smile in our back garden. I'm wearing my favourite summer dress and I look happy. Our neighbour and close friend Irene took that photo.

The picture of him and I tacced to the wall keeps grabbing my attention and getting the better of me. I need to check on him.

As I walk down the hall ready for another day of training, Roxy is walking in the opposite direction. I decide to stop her.

"Roxy?"

"Yes, Cara?"

"You don't think I could go and check on my dad later right?"

She bites her lip in thought, "maybe, I don't know. I'll ask Merlin."

"Thanks." I simply say and continue walking to the elevator, my dad still in my mind. But then again, when is he not?

***

Eggsy and I are eating lunch. Dad has been on my mind all morning and it's been causing me to act up. Eggsy stares at me as I pick at my food.

"Can you not?" I snap at him.

"Well, sorry princess."

"And stop calling me that, it's so cringey."

His taken aback expression is replaced by an angrier one. I pay no attention and stand up, storming into the elevator to get back to the training room. Eggsy closely follows and gets in with me.

"Let me tell you something, we took you out of that shithole you call a house to train you into a Kingsman. I don't appreciate bratty little girls like you biting my head off just for trying to help you, okay?" he snaps. Ouch.

That shouldn't have stung, but it did. Before any more tears form, the elevator doors part to reveal Roxy. She turns around to look at me.

"Good news, Merlin has given you permission to leave the compound to see your dad." she tells me, "hopefully that will calm your nerves." I see Eggsy's expression turn guilty at the corner of my eye.

"You're free to leave whenever." she says before getting in the elevator and going up.

I walk up to a punching bag and start hitting it, much more harder than usual. Eggsy comes up beside me.

"I'm sorry princess, I didn't realise that something was bothering you." he says in a softer tone now. I don't say anything and continue hitting the bag. I decide to push it a little and say something back.

"As my instructor, I am obligated to call you sir so as your student I would kindly appreciate it if you would call me by my first name. It's Cara by the way. Just thought I'd remind you because you probably get it mixed up with all your whores' names" I snap back with a mass amount of snarkiness.

That was my first mistake.

And here we are again, my back to the wall. Shit.

"I think you'll find that because I am your instructor, I shall call you whatever the fuck I want. Secondly, I suggest you pack it in with that attitude before I do something you're really not going to like." he growls.

Okay does he have a dom/sub fetish or something because that's the vibe I'm getting here.

He releases me and I shake my head. What just happened?

"Now" he says, more calm, "let's go and see your dad."

***

The few steps to the door with red chipped paint are the most exciting steps I've taken in a while. I just want to see my dad and see if he's okay.

I raise my arm and knock on the door. Shuffling around can be heard behind the door and it slowly clears open a bit to reveal my dad, his head poking through the crack. He smiles at the sight of me.

"Cara" he smiles.

"Dad" I say back in relief, my tone lighter than usual. But he looks nervous.

"This isn't a good time Cara" he tells me. What?

"Why not?" I ask him, my voice a little shocked.

"I'm washing dishes." he tries to pull a convincing smile. Something isn't right here.

I turn to look at Eggsy, shooting a panicked expression in his direction. He catches on and moves into a stance.

"Dad, move." I tell him.

"Why, darling?"

"I think we both know why dad."

Eggsy kicks the door wide open to reveal two more men behind my dad, holding guns. My eyes widen at the sight.

Before I can even think, I lunge at the one pointing a gun at my dad. Dad scurries into the other room whilst me and Eggsy do our thing.

My first inhibition is to punch him, but he senses it and grabs my wrist before impact. He throws me on the floor and raises his foot ready to kick me, but I quickly roll out of the way and grab his leg and pull him down. It's a rather childish move considering all the training I've had but if it works, it isn't stupid.

I can't see what's happening with Eggsy and the other guy so I turn around to see Eggsy hitting him repeatedly with an umbrella. Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist, pick me up and throw me back down onto the floor. The figure moves on top of me and wraps his hand around my throat.

I can't breathe.

I look over at Eggsy but he doesn't see what's happening. Suddenly, I barely reach down and grab the guy's gun out of his holder. It's my only chance.

I point the gun at his stomach and shoot. His expression changes and he falls to the ground. I mount him, still holding the gun. Eggsy dashes over at this point, the other man unconscious.

"Who do you work for?" I hiss. He doesn't answer. I apply pressure to the wound I created, causing him to cry out in pain.

"WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!" I scream at him.

He chokes out, "His name is Jacob... he's Eleanor Winchester's father."

That's the last thing he says before dying underneath me. Eggsy pulls me up because I'm just dumbfounded and won't move.

I was right, Eleanor is a complete psycho bitch.

"Well, it turns out we had our first mission earlier than expected. You did well princess. Now let's go arrest the Winchesters." Eggsy says to me.

---
Sorry, this chapter messed up at one point. Anyways, I hope it's working for you now and I appreciate that you're here! :)

~ Sarah