Chapter Nine

My brain feels like it's been chucked in a blender and placed back inside my head. My thoughts swirl and jump around my head like a rabid game of pinball. I can only stare up at the ceiling in deafening silence, fiddling with the little blue butterfly that hangs around my neck. I can only wait until the next time Merlin calls me in for a mission to have the motivation to move from this spot.

Eggsy Unwin loves me. And I think I'm in love with him.

This can't be right. Look at me and then look at him. The dashingly sexy Kingsman agent who saved the world and is surrounded by beautiful women on a daily basis loves me?

There's a light tap on the door, breaking the mould of my thoughts.

"Come in." I groan, watching as the door creaks open. It has to be Eggsy.

"We have an update on Harking." he says quietly and I simply nod and start to get up very slowly.

"Are you okay?" he asks me. I can't make eye contact with him knowing I'll lose him at some point. I grunt in reply, pulling my tan walking boots on over my grey joggers.

I finally make eye contact but Eggsy's eyes are elsewhere, as wide as planets. That's when I realise.

I'm not wearing a shirt.

I quickly rise, marching over to the chest of drawers and pulling out an oversized Game of Thrones shirt and shove it over my head. I look like a hobo but I don't care.

"Please talk to me, I'm worried about you. You've been shut away in this room for days now."

He's right, I have. I've only left to smuggle food back to the room and to go check on my dad.

"I don't want to talk Eggsy. I just want to think."

"You can't deal with your problems when you let yourself go like this." he snaps. I must look hurt because his expression quickly softens. I take a deep breath and exhale just as hard.

"I'm in love with you. And I can't deal with emotions because I don't feel like I'm worth anything." I explain "and I feel like you loving me is some sort of joke."

He slowly advances towards me and slightly strokes my cheek with his thumb before saying, "Never. I've never been in love myself but I know that I've never felt like this before."

Suddenly, I can't take it anymore. I pull him in by his black shirt, gripping it with a fist and connect his lips with mine. He seems surprised but kisses back and I wrap my arms around his neck and the kiss deepens. I feel his arms snake around my waist and one hand goes to the back of my neck, pulling me in closer to him.

I'm suddenly aware that I haven't brushed my teeth in fuck knows how long.

I pull away despite the raging hormones and say, "Eggsy my breath must be like a sewer drain."

He raises an eyebrow, laughs and says, "I don't really give a shit by this point princess."

Suddenly we're both eloped again, and before I know it, I'm lying on my back on the bed as he climbs on top of me. I love Eggsy, but I'm not ready for anything more right now.

He pulls away and senses I'm uncomfortable.

"It's okay if you want to stop." He tells me, but I pull him back for one last passionate kiss which we both need.

We both get up and straighten ourselves out. Considering I look like the bog monster already, it doesn't take me much.

I take down my hair, brush it out and re-do my messy bun.