[A Fresh Start - 01]

Starting at a new university half way through the semester is nerve wracking enough, it's even worse when you have a mother like mine.
"You're sure you've got everything?! Remember, no parties, no alcohol and definitely no smoking!! Understand Kris?" My mother commands me, I moved out not even 24 hours ago and she's already on my case about things she knows I would never do. If she thought WSU was like that she would've never let me start here.

Nicholas, my boyfriend. Is going to be joining me at WSU soon enough too, I've been with him since the start of high school and I can't imagine being with anyone else, he's my rock. I'm going to miss him but hopefully my dear friends Bella and Edward can keep me company.

Yes, I do mean the same Bella and Edward that star in the movie twilight.

"Okay mom, I'm a sensible girl and I'm only here to study and go to classes, okay? I promise." My mother nods and tells me she loves me then kisses my cheek goodbye, here I go.

The dorms were.. Interesting? I've been here for less than 10 minutes and there's boys looking me up and down, girls laughing and staring at me and people making out in the halls.

Maybe my mom was right, this university is like she thought it would be. I'm so glad I persisted that she leave so I could find my dorm by myself.

Finally, after what felt like forever I found my dorm, looks like my roommate already made herself at home by sticking pictures of her with friends on the door, are we allowed to do that?
The dorm is simple, two beds, drawers and a desk. That's all I need. The walls are a little plain I have to admit but a few pictures of Nicholas and I will fix that. On the other hand, my roommate has plastered her walls with posters of half naked boy bands and what looks like a Nostalgia poster, at least we'll have something in common already.

"Hey!! I'm Jessica, but everyone calls me Jess, I will be your best friend for the next year or so" I'm stunned by her introduction, she's so.. Enthusiastic.

"Hi I'm Kristen, nice to meet you" she smiles and hugs me, reassuring me that I will always have someone around if I need help with anything.

Jessica- I mean Jess, is so pretty, I'm kind of intimidated by her presence, her ocean coloured eyes sparkle in every light and her caramel coloured hair is curled to perfection. Not to mention her clothes suit her amazingly, ripped jeans and a tank top on me would look hideous on me, it's totally out of my comfort zone. She's confident with her body, it's obvious.
It has been about an hour now and my side of the dorm is completely sorted, a few pictures of Nicholas and I, plus a couple of nostalgia posters. Which Jess picks up on and rambles about their album Chase Atlantic.

As we were talking, a bash on the door startles us both and we immediately look up. Has someone got the wrong dorm?

"For fuck sake-excuse my French, that might be my boyfriend, Stefan, he's really nice don't worry. He doesn't bite"
I nod and she opens the door "what the fuck do you want Damon?"
He ignores her and walks straight into the room, Jess doesn't seem to be pleased by his entry.

I'm sitting on the bed when the tall, dark, tattooed, alcohol smelling boy walks in, he looks me up and down but doesn't say a word.
"Where the hell is Stefan? I thought he would be here with you since he's up your ass now" he slurs, is he drunk? It's twelve in the afternoon. What a mess.

"I don't know Damon, if you were sober for once in your damn life maybe you would know! Get out, Kristen is new and you're making a bad impression"

"She's pretty hot I'd like to-" I was not expecting Jessica to slap him! Damon holds his cheek and stumbles out of our dorm, that was intense. I shuffle my legs onto my bed, Jess is a totally different person around him, I wonder if they've known each other for long.