[04]

Nicholas hasn't called or texted me, should I be worried? Damon has some explaining to do.

I woke up this morning feeling like there had been a weight lifted off my shoulders. I'm glad Nicholas finally showed his true colours, however I'm also heartbroken; not only did I lose my boyfriend, I lost my best friend too.

Throughout my day, I didn't see Jessica, Stefan or even Damon. Maybe they feel awkward? I mean it was my boyfriend- ex boyfriend that ruined everything last night.

My brain is still trying to fathom this mess, why was Nicholas so angry? The Nicholas I know wouldn't of freaked out that much. Maybe he just had a bad day?

Walking through campus scurrying to history Damon was all I thought about, was he going to be there? Is he going to say anything to me?

Why am I thinking about Damon?

His black hair was scruffy yet tidy, similar to Nicholas', his black t-shirt goes well with his golden complexion and his denim jeans are ripped most of the time. Do I find him attractive?

Yes.
No.
I don't know.

My history teacher Mr. Saltzman scolds me for being late, I apologise and sit in the middle row. That's when I see him, watching my every move.

"Afternoon guys! We'll be carrying on with the study of 1864 mystic falls" Saltzman announced, the rest of the class groaned. However I could feel Damon's eyes on me, he hasn't stopped looking my way since I walked into room.

Creepy little Salvatore..

As the class goes on I decide to play Damon's staring game, every ten minutes I turn around slightly and smirk at his flirty smile.

Are Damon and I.. Flirting?

Mr. Saltzman finishes up his class by mentioning vampires and other supernatural myths that were popular in 1864, where does he find all this stuff?

Mystic falls has so much history behind it, who knew a small town could have such huge secrets.

"Kristen, wait" Damon yelled, the halls were crowded enough and now he wants me to stop and talk to him?

"Not now Damon, I have architecture and I don't want to be late again"
I need to stop thinking about Damon and concentrate on my classes, I can't like him; he's a player! A cheat! Why would I be any different to all the other girls he's been with?

I can't imagine what Jessica would think! She would kill me, literally. She seems crazy enough to do that.

I wonder what it would be like to have Damon as a boyfriend, it probably wouldn't last long if I'm honest; he'd bored and cheat on me and I'd just be another notch in his belt.

I have too many doubts about Damon to even consider being with him, but somehow he's all I want; maybe he's the bad boy I need. I so desperately want to come out of my shell, I want to rebel and do things my mother would have a heart attack over if she found out.

I want Damon.

Architecture flew by, thank god. All I thought about was Damon's hands grazing every inch of my body- Kristen control yourself!

The rest of the day was a complete blur, I had finished my assignments early so I didn't have to attend classes as often as everyone else which was great, I could finally find a decent job and maybe go to the mall and get some new clothes.

Walking back to the dorm was more peaceful than usual, there were people about it just felt more relaxed and quiet. Maybe there's a party at the Stefan's.

My dorm was empty, as usual. I swear Jess practically lives at that frat house, I'm not complaining; I get the shower and I get to finally start my twilight book. Let me guess, you thought I forgot about it? No.

I'm still distract by my thoughts about Damon, we still need to talk.

As the evening arrived, Jess came by the dorm and asked me if I wanted to come with her back to Stefan's.

"I'm not sure if I should Jess, won't it be awkward? Since everything with Nicholas?" I questioned, when I mentioned Nicholas' name her posture changed drastically. I could see she was tense and her eyes were searching for anything to look at besides me.

"..what? No! It won't be awkward at all, Damon, Stefan and I need to have a chat with you anyway, so you'll come?"
I nod and she tells me to get ready and she'll meet me in the parking lot.

Frantically, I search through my messy wardrobe, do I have anything worthy of being seen in by Damon? I wasn't trying to impress him.

Okay, I was; who can blame me?

After what felt like hours of throwing clothes everywhere, I found my little black dress which hugged my curvy figure, my shoes were nothing special, just my black Converse.

Walking to Jessica's car made me feel so confident about the way I looked. My hair wasn't messy for once, my dress accentuated my sleek curves and my legs were soft and nicely shaved for once; my makeup was dark, smokey eyes and a burgundy lip. I looked hot.

"Damn Kris! You clean up nice!" Jess cried as I done up my seatbelt.