Chapter 4: "Aftermath"

As I arose from the ground, I am surprised that the house hadn't collapsed while I was knocked out. I looked through the hole in my wall, where the window once stood, to possibly figure out what time it was. Based on the sunlight stabbing me in the face... I was certain that it was around 10 A.M. That being said, Kyree wasted no time in calling the police. I heard multiple sirens going off in the front of my lonely house. I walked through a corridor behind me that led to the opposite side of the house where a large window stood all the way across the room, serving its purpose, to let me spy on what was going on in the front of the house. I pushed away the seemingly untouched curtains to see Kyree standing in the middle of many police officers. I saw tears streaming down her eyes, like never ending waterfalls. I guess I must have worried her, if she came to check on me this morning. Aside from her situation, I see at least 7 police cruisers, but definitely more than 14 officers scanning the police-taped premises. I know it was a wreck on the inside, but it must have been even worse on the outside if they blocked off the whole entire street. Out of nowhere, my vision sharpened and turned to the tinted vision it was before I passed out last night. My eyes zoomed in 5x as if they were a camera lens. The first thing that they zoomed into was the bald police officer that Kyree was talking to at the time, I read his badge as if it were in bold "Off. Sky". Then, my sense of hearing sharpened just as my vision had and I heard Kyree speak in her shaken voice.

"I.....I.....I don't know..." She stuttered

"I was with him all day yesterday....but.... after we watched the news at café peur, he claimed he had a headache and ran out the door....."She continued on "...I tried texting him hoping he would reply... but he didn't... I thought he was just ignoring me, so I went to sleep. But when I came this morning to see if he was alright..." Then she broke into more tears "I found his house like this"

She couldn't keep on, she was miserable, all because of me. My heart sank to an all-time low. The police officers raspy voice caught my ear

"Alright...Alright... Calm down, we'll try to resolve this mess as soon as possible, first we have to determine if the area is structurally sound, then...-" He was interrupted

"No! You have to find him now! Pleaseeee!" She sobbed

"Please calm down, we'll find him...." I stopped listening in.

My hearing and vision returned to normal, what are these special skills I'm developing? What does this all mean? I sit in the middle of the room trying to concentrate about when it all started... I can remember up to about 2 months ago, when the "Incidents" started occurring. First, I started getting these headaches ,that progressively grew worse with every single incident. Then, the enhanced skills im developing. And with what happened last night with the visit.......

I quit thinking and did the only thing that seemed right at the time...... I fled my ruined house, I didn't want to deal with this right now... I needed it to seem like I hadn't been home yet. I jumped through the window and landed in the bushes below. I scanned to see which route I could to avoid seeing the police. So I decided to take the not-as-crowded alleyway. I sped off towards the direction I felt was best, towards Kyree's house. The speed I was going at was incredible, it must be some sort of new ability I acquired. But I'll have time to think about that later. For now, I needed to come up with a story that I could give Kyree, and quick.