Mission: Together

Steven's P.O.V.

"I liked it too" I said, blushing like a tomato now. I put hand in Connie's black flawless hair and looked into her sparkling brown eyes and said "Connie Maheswaran, I love you" She is blushing has hard as she could now and hugs me.
"Steven Quartz Universe, I love you too" We both let go and kissed again.

Connie's P.O.V.

I can't believe Steven kissed me and said he loved me!! As we finish our kiss, I get a text. "Sorry Steven, I have to go home"
"Awe really"
"Yes, really"
"Fine"
We held hands as we walked home together while Lion followed us home. When we got to my house Steven gave me a little kiss on my cheek and said goodbye. Later that night I got a text from Steven.
"So what does that make us now?"
"When we both have feelings for each other but
maybe we should wait a little bit until we are older"
"That's fine with me"
"I love you"
"I love you too."
I put down my phone and lay on my bed thinking of Steven and I. Then I fell asleep and dreamed more of us.

Third person P.O.V.

Steven woke up to the sound of his phone ringing.
"Hello"
"Hey Steven!"
"Hi Connie"
"Who you talking to Steven! Your girlfriend!" burst Amethyst.
"Don't be like that" Garnet said walking in.
"Um uh she is just my friend" Steven says while blushing now.
"Yea right" Amethyst says while opening the fridge.
"Hello?" Connie said through the phone.
"Oh sorry"
"So anyway, did you want to come to my house later?"
"Oh sorry Connie I can't, but we are going on a mission and the gems said you could come too!"
"That's really cool! Yea I'll ask"
"Ok"
Steven can hear Connie talking to her mom but couldn't make out what they are talking about.
"Steven! I can come"
"Yay! Can you meet me at my house in 30 minutes?"
"Yea sure!"
"Ok bye"
"Bye"

30 minutes later

Connie knocks on Stevens door. She sees Steven open the door.
"Connie!" He yells and greets her with a hug.
"Steven!" Connie replies.
"We have to leave right about now."
"Oh, okay."

Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl are already on the warp pad, ready to go. Steven and Connie go over from the door. Steven glances at Connie, who looks nervous. He grabs her hand and gave her Rose's sword as they step onto the pad. Amethyst nudges Steven and winks, which makes him blush and look down at his feet.

They arrive at Rose's fountain.

"We just wanted to see how the fountain was doing" Pearl said while walking toward the entrance.
"Connie, are you ready?"
"Yea I think so."
"It will be fine. You are the best sword fighter I know anyway! You can handle this."
Connie blushes. "Thanks Steven."
Pearl looked over."What about me?" She said with a disappointing look.
"Uh um I.." Steven said mumbling.
"Hahaha I was just messing with you Steven, I know what you meant."
"Oh haha you got me!"

Ground shakes.

"Woah" everyone says.
"Wha-what was that!" Connie said nervously.
"Shhhhh" Garnet whispers.

Ground shakes again

Everyone looks around then a giant vine comes out of the ground and grabs Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. Garnet tries to summon her gauntlets but it doesn't work.

"Connie!" Steven said. "Fuse with me"
Connie looks at Steven and nods. They join hands and start doing their fusion dance. Steven's gem starts to glow and then they fuse together into Stevonnie.

Stevonnie's P.O.V.

I open my eyes and see the gems being squeezed to death by a giant weed. I summon my shield and grab Rose's sword. I jump over to the vine and slice the arm off with one movement of the sword. The gems fall to the ground gasping for air. I turn around and out of nowhere the monster throws a big rock at me and hits me right in the stomach then I black out.

Third Person P.O.V.

Connie and Steven unfuse and fall the the ground. Connie broke a couple of ribs and Steven's gem is cracked. Amethyst grabs both of them and heads to the healing fountain while Garnet and Pearl finish off the monster.
When they get there she lays both of them on the water. They both sat up. "Steven!" Connie said at the same time that Steven said "Connie!" They hug each other and then kiss.
"Get a room." Amethyst blurted and then walked away. Steven and Connie both blush then step out of the fountain at the same time as the gems walk in with the monster's gem in a bubble.
"Are you ok!" Pearl cried as she hugged Steven. "Yea I'm fine, the healing fountain still works!"
"Ok that's good." Said Pearl in relief.
"Connie," Said Garnet. "You did a really good job."
"Thank you Garnet!"
They all get back to the house and it's ten at night.
"Would you like to have a sleepover tonight?" Steven asks Connie.
"Sure I would love to!"
They both go to Steven's room and watch the first Dogcopter.

Steven's P.O.V.

Connie was laying with me on my bed while we watched the movie. When it ended I turned off the tv and laied back down. I notice that Connie is sleeping with her head on my chest and her arms wrapped around my body. I kiss her forehead and whispered, "Goodnight Connie, I love you." Then I feel asleep.