The Marauder's Map

|ALEXANDRIA WEASLEY'S P.O.V|

"Have you asked him yet?"

The weekend after the Quidditch match came and went. And, ever since his departure from the hospital wing, Harry had been more on edge than I had ever since him before; whether the reason be his fall or simply my presence, I had yet to find out. He would converse with me whenever Hermione and Ron were around but, the second our friends disappeared, he would turn into a blubbering mess — a rather sight for the eyes at first, yet it soon became quite annoying.

"No, Gin," I sighed at my sister, not sparing the younger girl a glance as I sifted through my trunk in search of my extra Gryffindor tie. I had misplaced my usual one.

That Monday morning, bright and early before classes, Ginny had entered my dormitory. She had slipped through the door just as Lavender and Parvati were leaving for the day and now she stood, pestering me about the infamous Harry Potter while I tried to dress.

"Why not?" She was pouting, her arms crossed over her chest in a childish manner. I finally found the red and gold tie, pulling it free from beneath an extra pair of trainers and out in front of my face. As I began to slip it around my neck, I found myself glancing past Ginny and toward Hermione; the brunette was silently listening to our conversation, and she met my gaze almost immediately as she waited by the door.

I hadn't had the heart to tell Ginny about my encounter with Harry in the corridor, on the day of Halloween. This wasn't a surprise, for I also hadn't the heart to tell her, the year before, about the small crush I developed on him.

How could I?

Here, the girl stood with pleading brown eyes — begging for me to help her speak to the boy she fancied. After years of me telling her to quiet whenever she spoke of him, how could I possibly now tell her that — not only did I fancy him as well — but I had as good as made a move on him.

Her biggest crush, the boy she had fawned over before having even met him, was my first kiss.

I simply hadn't the heart.

"We have to go," said Hermione quickly, noticing that Ginny was not going to let give anytime soon and that I was becoming rather uncomfortable. Hermione pulled open the door, gesturing the two of us through with a wave of her hand.

"I just don't see why you haven't asked him," said Ginny quietly as we walked along the corridor of girls' dormitories. I fiddled with my tie in frustration, only half listening to her words. "You said you would help me, 'lex."

Another sigh left my lips and I now completely abandoned my tie; it fell limp against my white blouse, the loose knot falling out in seconds. I ignored this, running a hand over my face. My fingers pulled at the skin of my eyes guiltily as Hermione, Ginny, and I descended the staircase into the common room. The boy in question, Harry, happened to be sat on the couch beside Ron where they were engaged in conversation.

I studied them for a moment.

Harry was simply not out of the ordinary. He was a boy with unruly hair, circular glasses, an inflated ego, and a scar on his forehead. He was attractive, yes, just enough for me to develop a slight crush on him — but that's all it was. The kiss in the corridor, on the other hand, was a tragedy of the moment: miscommunication, an accident.