Nicolas Flamel

|ALEXANDRIA WEASLEY'S P.O.V|

Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of the school, was the person to catch Harry Potter on one of his after-hour rendezvous to the Mirror of Erised. When the raven-haired boy first informed Ron and I of this fact, it was easy to see that I was unnerved.

I believed that it was too simple for the problematic Gryffindor to be released with no punishment, especially seeing as Professor Dumbledore was aware of the Invisibility Cloak (which could in itself be used as a weapon); however, I soon realized that little could be said when the troublemaker in question was the 'Boy Who Lived'.

The only good to come from the occurrence is the stowing away of such a Cloak, for it was hidden at the bottom of the Potter's trunk - where it stayed untouched.

Although Professor Dumbledore informed Ron's dear mate of the Mirror's relocating, he couldn't stop the bespectacled first year's mind from constantly re-picturing the new sight of his unfamiliar family members.

The images began to haunt Harry Potter - or so it seemed - plaguing him with nightmares of what could have been, every time his emerald eyes shut.

"You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad," said Ron, when Potter told us about these dreams.

Hermione, who arrived back the day before term started, had a view of the holiday's events that was much similar to my own. She was torn between horror at the idea of Potter being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row ("If Filch had caught you!"), and disappointment that he hadn't at least found out who Nicolas Flamel was.

We had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a History book, even though Potter swore that he had read the name somewhere before.

I, personally, disregarded anything and everything Harry Potter said as the truth - never mind the possibility of me trusting one of his promises.

And so, once term began, the four of us returned to skimming through books for the full ten minutes during our breaks. Quidditch, much like our lessons, had started again - and this therefore resulted in Potter and I having less time to search, compared to Hermione and Ronald.

Oliver Wood was working the Gryffindor team harder than ever, despite the seemingly endless rain that had begun to fall in place of what was once snow.

Fred and George complained that Oliver was becoming a fanatic, but I myself was too distracted by the captain's appearance to be mindful of the increasing practices; I was rather thankful of the added time, for this meant I had longer to stare at the Keeper.

Besides, if we won our next match (against Hufflepuff), Gryffindor would overtake Slytherin in the House Championship for the first time in seven years.

But then, during one particularly wet and muddy practice session, Oliver Wood dampened our team with a bit of bad news that was more powerful than the pounding rainfall.

"Will you stop messing around?!" He had angrily yelled at Fred and George, who kept dive-bombing one another and pretending to fall off of their broomsticks. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

George really did tumble from his broom upon hearing the words.

"Snape's refereeing?" He spluttered though a mouthful of mud. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."