International Opposite Day

I hate you

I hate you.

I hate you.

I hate you.

Sana was reliving these words over and over again in her head ever since her crush had mentioned them. It tore her world apart.

Jihyo was looking at Sana worriedly and whispering to Nayeon about what to do.

"Is it just me or does she look really depressed and sad?" She whispered to Nayeon.

"She looks like she's going to cry any minute. Let's go see what's wrong." Nayeon replied, nudging Jihyo to go forward first.

"Sana, what's wrong?" Jihyo asked.

"Hmm? It's nothing." Replied Sana, sadness evident in her voice.

"It's not nothing. I can tell something's wrong." Pushed Nayeon.

"I'm really fine. I was just thinking." Said Sana.

"I didn't think I was going to have to do this, but as your leader, I demand you to tell me what's wrong. If you say it's nothing, I'm going to be really upset." Said Jihyo.

"You know how she is when she gets upset." Said Nayeon, earning a glare from Jihyo.

"Well, I have a crush. I've liked them for a while –" Started Sana before Nayeon broke her off.

"WHAT YOU HAVE A CRUSH!" Shouted Nayeon.

Jihyo only slapped the older girl.

"Continue Sana, don't mind this idiot." Replied Jihyo, making Nayeon pout.

"I've liked them for a while and I was thinking of confessing so I asked them what they thought of me. And... and... they said they hate me." Sana finally managed to say before bursting into tears.

Nayeon and Jihyo simply looked at each other, not knowing how big the problem actually was.

Jihyo pulled the crying girl into her embrace and tried to calm her sobs down to no avail.

She couldn't help but think how cruel it was to say something like that to someone. Hate was such a strong word to use to describe anything. Her own heart felt heavy and sad seeing the girl so broken.

"Do you want to tell us who this crush is? We can go talk to them." Suggested Nayeon.

Sana jumped up and shook her head.

"No, no! You can't talk to them. I don't want to tell you who it is yet." Said Sana, tearing up again.

Nayeon once again received a glare from Jihyo, making her confused. She was just trying to help.

"It's okay Sana, you don't have to tell us." Said Jihyo, patting the girl on her back.

"Let's watch TV." Suggested Nayeon.