Believe Me!

"Good morning love!" Tzuyu greeted over the phone, still yawning. "I'm going to be leaving for university in a little while and I'll see you there? I know you'll probably be busy so you don't need to go out of your way to meet me. I think there's a huge chance I'm just going to crash and fall asleep as soon as I get to my dorm."

"Are you sure Tzu? I can come meet you and give you a tour?" Her girlfriend suggested.

"It's okay Sana, really." Said Tzuyu.

"Actually – how about this? I'll help you move in to your dorm at least? Please? I really want to." Sana pleaded.

"Alright love. I'll call you when I get there." Tzuyu replied, smiling at her girlfriend's persistence.

As she got in her car to begin the long drive, she found herself thinking about how she ended up with such an amazing girlfriend. They've been together for almost four years now and Tzuyu could swear she loves the girl more and more every day. The two of them met in high school – Sana was a year senior to Tzuyu. She still finds the situation in which they met quite embarrassing. Tzuyu was scared out of her mind when she accidentally spilt juice on Sana in the cafeteria. Sana was the school's most popular student – everyone knew that. Tzuyu had only heard about her from her friends and classmates but never encountered her.

So with the knowledge that Tzuyu had on Sana, she apologised several times but Sana simply pulled the girl away from prying eyes and into an empty classroom. If Tzuyu was scared before, she was absolutely terrified the moment the two of them were alone. She wouldn't meet Sana's gaze and nervously twiddled with her thumbs.

"Are you going to keep staring at the floor or actually look up?"

Tzuyu's heart was no doubt beating at an impossible rate as she lifted her head up.

"I'm r-really s-sorry. I didn't m-mean to s-spill the j-juice."

It's okay you know. It's not like I'll die from having a ruined shirt. But, there is one thing I'd like from you."

"O-oh, what is it Sunbae (A/N: senior)?"

"Well, now that makes it two. One, please don't call me Sunbae and two, let's be friends!"

"W-what? But why Sunbae?"

"Didn't I just tell you not to call me Sunbae? You can just call me Sana."

"Sss-Sana?"

"Are you impersonating a snake?"

"No! I'm just – I was just really scared."

"Huh? Why? I'm not that scary am I?"

When Tzuyu didn't reply, Sana was shocked.

"You think I'm scary?!"

"N-no. You're not scary. You're the most popular girl in the school and it's just nerve-wracking to have a conversation with you."

"Tzuyu, you don't have to be nervous around me."

"You know my name?!"

"Of course I do. I always know the ones I like."

After a few months of talking and hanging out almost every day, they finally confessed to each other and decided to go ahead with a relationship. The two were dubbed as the 'High School Sweethearts' and they had their own mini fan base. Her own friends were quite shocked that they had become so close in such a short time but were nonetheless, extremely happy for her. When it came to the summer after Sana graduated, Tzuyu wasn't sure how they would be able to manage their relationship. Long distance relationships didn't always work. They spent every moment of their summer together, not willing to part up until Sana had to leave. As much as Tzuyu was scared of how their relationship was going to be like, she had faith in them and considering it was only a year till Tzuyu graduated herself, she was motivated to get through the year unlike no other.