Chapter 3

The pain of Louis' fist against my face hit me hard in my jaw, and I slammed onto the ground, making my vision go blurry. I heard the squeak of Louis' tennis shoes as he unmistakably fled the scene. In replace of his shoes, I heard the clack of heels quickly coming towards me. I groaned as I tried to lift my head, and set it back down on the cold tile floor.

"Oh dear," I heard a woman's voice say. I recognized it. It was Ms. Falten, the school's nurse. I had been to her office quite a few times. "Let's get you fixed up," she said sweetly as she placed a pill in my hand. It only took a minute before my vision went black.

***

As I woke up, I saw the familiar painted blue ceiling of the nurse's office. I sat up slowly, making sure my vision didn't falter again. I blinked my eyes a few times before seeing Ms. Falten sitting at her desk. She was reading a book, chewing on the end of her pen cap. I cleared my throat, causing her to look up. She smiled at me.

"Hello darling." she welcomed my presence. I smiled back. "I cleaned you up, but your going to have to take these pain relievers for a few days before you feel 100% better." I nodded before taking the orange bottle from her grasp.

"Thank you." I whispered before walking out the door. It didn't matter who or how long I had known a person, I was always quiet and a bit shy.

It was nice to come across people that actually cared sometimes.

I walked down the empty halls. There was still a few minutes of lunch left, so I decided to grab my supplies, get my stuff and get to my next class early. I arrived at my locker, which apparently someone had fixed, because it opened with ease. I grabbed my chemistry supplies and walked towards Ms. Bader's class. I arrived as the bell rang, making me perfectly on time. I said a short hello to her as I walked by her desk. She greeted me back an looked up to smile at me before gasping.

"What happened Liam?" she exclaimed, obviously seeing the large, forming purple bruise along my jaw. I shrugged.

"I hit my jaw on the stair, I slipped." I said, lying.

"Oh you poor thing." she says, just as a rush of students pile into the classroom. I took my seat at the front of the class, thankful that a few people actually cared about me. I didn't know how much more I could take of being invisible.

Well maybe not invisible, but ignored to no extent.

And I had no idea why.

A/N: this turned out short again dang flabbit

sorry