Chapter 45

Kendall's POV.

I took a deep breath before finally gaining the courage to even read the first word of the letter.

Mrs. Bell,

Today you told me to write about the day that things began to change.

That day started out as a normal one, not becoming a problem until lunch.

As I went to sit at Louis and I's usual spot, I ran into Zayn, one of the populars. We both said our apologies, and I was about to turn away from him when he stopped me.

He asked me if I wanted to sit with him at his table, saying something along the lines of me seeming like 'a cool dude' .

I said yes, of course. At this point I would've done anything to gain some popularity.

Sure, things were great with Louis, we had good times together, but I still craved that attention of being higher up on the social ladder.

So I followed him over to the table where all the people that actually mattered sat.

Zayn introduced me to a few people before sitting me down between the captain of the football team and a cheerleader.

Immediately I was set into a trance, at the amount of banter and conversation being made at the table. I was brought into a few conversations myself, making me feel welcome.

But just as I started to get comfortable, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I looked back to see Louis standing there, his brows furrowed in confusion.

He asked me where he was supposed to sit. I looked around, noticing that every seat was occupied.

I shrugged my shoulders, whispering him a sorry. He would be fine sitting by himself for one day.

I turned around, letting myself back into the conversation that the people around me were having.

As soon as the topic spun out of my level of knowledge, I turned my head, looking around the lunchroom for Louis.

With him nowhere in sight, I turned back to the people that would help me up the social ladder, instead of dragging me down it.

As soon as the lunch period ended, I said my goodbyes to the populars, before heading out on my search to find Louis.

I needed some help on my science homework, and surely Louis already had his done.

That's why I always thought of myself as a step above him socially.

Louis spent his Friday nights in his room, by himself, listening to music while reading a book.

While on the other hand, I at least tried to be sociable.

He had a horrendous puffy bowl cut, while I had my hair flat but still long, the way everyone had it.

But this was how our friendship worked, me being the leader while he followed along.

Plus, having a nerd as your friend sure came in handy when you didn't feel like doing homework.

I finally caught a glimpse of Louis' white football jersey from down the hall.

I pushed a few people out of the way to get to him, but just before I tapped his shoulder, he turned, his eyes widening at the sight of me.

He quickly spun on his heel, taking off away from me. I called after him, but he easily was lost in the herd of students passing in the halls.

The rest of the day, Louis completely ignored me.

I became rather annoyed, because I really didn't want to do my homework.

When it came time to catch my ride home, I realised the awkwardness of the situation I was about to be in.

But as I found Louis' mum's car out of the pickup, I ignored the weird feeling in my chest, opening the car door and saying a friendly hello to his mum.

Minutes later, Louis arrived, getting into the car silently.

The drive home was painfully long, making me sigh in relief as soon as we pulled into my driveway.

I said my thank you then escaped into the confines of my home.

The next day was when everything went wrong.

-

A/N: short bc wattpad deleted half this chapter and I am too lazy to rewrite it rn so u guys will have to wait oops

(end of letter will be continued onto next chpt.)