Twenty Nine.

Hope this is cute enough for you guys :) Comment and vote if you liked it :)

--

Annabelle didn't waste a single second. In the span of just one hour, she had a very confused Mina and Dan huddling into her living room, their rushed packed bags in hand, while a brooding Jessi sat in the kitchen, watching with dark, angry eyes. She hadn't paid him any mind. Quickly, she dumped their bags to the side, sat them down on the sofa and told them everything.

She never gave them any time to interject. Her mouth moved rapidly, smoothly doling out the information they needed. She told them who she really was, who she worked for, that everything she ever told them was a lie. Then, as she ignored Jessi's smoldering eyes rolling into the sky, and Dan and Mina gaping at her, she went on to say why she was doing the riskier option and telling them everything. She made sure they understood just how much danger they were in, now that the Rebels not only knew who they were and where they lived, but also that they weren't above kidnapping to get what they wanted.

Anna went on to speak about her mission. How Jessi was a man being hunted by the ghosts of his father, by men who cared not who got hurt in the quest for what they wanted. Angela was a victim of that, and she was going to make sure that no one else got in trouble.

Hence, why they had their bags. They were going to stay with her until they were safe.

After she was done, Anna fell silent. She sat on the coffee table, watching with cool eyes as her two friends processed what they heard. On in the inside, however, her heart was beating fast. She was nervous to see how they would react. If they responded like Jessi did, she didn't know what she would do.

Dan was the first to speak. He turned to Jessi and asked, incredulously, "You knew about this?"

Jessi shook his head, his eyes never leaving Anna. "No," he answered. "She told me about an hour ago."

Dan turned back in front, staring at the ground.

Anna looked at Dan's girlfriend. "Mina?"

Mina's green eyes were wider than ever when they locked onto Anna. "So, let me get this straight. You're an assassin?"

"Yes."

"Who was told to protect Jessi from some bad men?"

"Yes."

"And you work for a cooperation like the CIA?"

"The NPA is privately funded. Just like the Rebels, we are not directly linked to the United States although our services are known by who matters."

"Like the President?"

"The President is one," Anna nodded. "His Secret Service is another."

Mina took a slow breath, pushed it back out just as slowly. "And you're saying, these Rebels kidnapped Angela in order to get to Jessi."

"Yes, that's what I'm saying."

"That explains so much!"

Anna blinked at Mina's outburst. Both Jessi and Dan's head shot to her when she said that, frowning in confusion. There was a bright smile on Mina's face; not the reaction Anna was expecting – or prepared for – at all.

"Excuse me?" she said, leaning forward.

Mina's eyes glittered excitedly. Her hand grabbed Dan's arm as she smiled at everyone in the room. "Don't you guys see? Now we know why she's like that. I mean, Anna, I love you and all, but when we first met, I was terrified of you. You were so cryptic and your face was so lifeless and you seemed like you didn't want to speak to anyone at all. But then when I saw you around Jessi, that's when I really couldn't understand you because you looked so closed off yet you happened to be around him all the time. I mean, what are the odds that you shared every single class with him? Eerie, right? I just waved it off and said it was coincidence, but I had to say, you were a tough nut to crack." Releasing a loud, happy sigh, she sank back into the couch. "It all makes sense now."