[9] he's a monster

"Good to see you, beloved sister", Margaery noticed me first. The last time I had seen her she had looked at me with disgust in her eyes and hit me in the face and now she was the polite, sugar sweet lady again?

I joined the acted friendliness, to avoid trouble.

"Good to see you too, and you grandmother.", I replied and smiled back. Honestly, I was happy to see my family again, though I felt a negative strain all the time.

I recognized the face of the red haired girl, it was Sansa Stark. On her fork she had a piece of lemon cake and she tried to smile at me, as much as it was possible, in her condition.

"Sansa was about to tell us something about the king, just when you interrupted us. Sit down and let the child talk.", Olenna instructed me and folded her hands. "Are you frightned child? No need for that. We're only women here. Tell us the truth, no harm will come to you."

I had sat down on the opposite side of the table, next to my grandmother, so I could see Sansa's face, too.

"My father always told the truth...", Sansa said shyly. She definetely was frightned.

"Yes, he had that reputation, and they named him traitor and took his head.", my gran added.

"Joffrey. Joffrey did that.He promised he would be merciful and cut my father's head off. He said that was mercy. And he took me up on the walls and made me look at it.", Sansa told us and her lips started shaking from holding back the tears. She stared at the cake, which she had just stopped eating, a true lady didn't talk with food in her mouth.

 She stared at the cake, which she had just stopped eating, a true lady didn't talk with food in her mouth

"Go on.", Margaery carefully said.

Sansa looked at her scared. "I..I can't...my father was a traitor...my brother as well, I have traitor's blood. Please don't make me say anymore."

"She's terrified grandma, don't you see?", I whispered to my family and felt sorry for Sansa. What had happened to her sounded like a true nightmare.

"Speak freely, child. We would never betray you, I swear it", my grandmother promised her.

"He...he's a monster.", Sansa said and she spit these word with such loathing, only someone who hated Joffrey more than anything was able to say it that way.

I leaned back into my chair, not sure what to think.

"Oh, that's a pity.", granda Olenna replied.

"Please don't stop the wedding!", Sansa begged, afraid she could be blamed for it.

"No, don't worry, child. Lyra will marry the king, don't be afraid about that.", grandmother said and then we all had a piece of lemon cake.

After a while, Sansa had to leave and before she did, she thanked us nearly a hundred times for the cake and the talk.

"I need to tell you something.", I went directly after Sansa had left us. "SOmething terrible happened last night."

After taking a deep breath, imagining the picture of my dead handmaiden I went on.