[20] an heir

"What was what?", I smiled at him teasingly.

"I don't like how you're talking to me, Lyra.", he got even angrier and his grip around my wrists got tighter.

"He was staring at me, I swear it. I just looked back to make him stop, because it was so inappropriate."

Joffrey stared at me once again, before he pulled his hands to himself again and lifted up his chin a bit while he pressed his lips together a bit.

"So my great cousin stares at my lady while she tries to dine...", he thought out loud, looking at me.

I crossed my arms and looked down on the floor. "Do not worry, I will make sure he doesn't do that again, m'lady.", he shortly smiled and me and offered me his arm, so we could walk into the dining hall like nothing had happened.

"Are you feeling better?", Tommen asked me very politely. I remembered Joff and I had left the room with the excuse that I didn't feel well.

 I remembered Joff and I had left the room with the excuse that I didn't feel well

"Yes, I feel a lot better now.", I replied and looked over to Joffrey, who had just sat down and shortly turned around to Lancel again, before he smiled back at me.

I didn't dare looking at Lancel for the rest of the evening, because I was afraid Joffrey could do something to him. Not that I had an interest in him. It was rather something I could lose to make Joffrey jealous and to catch his attention by doing that.

A few weeks went by and one handmaiden told me the time of the month would be on where I was supposed to bleed, but I didn't. It had never been started late or was left out.

"M'lady, I think you...you're pregnant."

I sat down and covered my face with my hands. I had layed with Joffrey, but I didn't expect to become pregnant so fast. Maybe it was just a mistake.
Maybe the handmaiden was about to tell other servants that I was pregnant so they could be thinking I was betraying the king...or that I got raped.

"I want to tell the king about it myself.", I told her and she nodded.
I could tell that she was probably going to tell Varys or Cersei, even though it wasn't even for sure yet.

Another 2 weeks passed by and it wasn't denyable anymore.

"I want to see my grandmother.", I told the same maid, who had told me about it and she rushed out of the room just to come back after an hour, followed by my grandmother.

"Lyra", she smiled. How unusual for her, especially these days.

"Grandmother", I kissed her on the cheek.
"I wanted to ask you for an advice."

"Oh, our little lady know-it-all asks her family for a bit of Tyrell wisdom?", she replied. There she was, she woman I knew."You", she looked over to the handmaiden. "Do you want to stand there and stare at people who have a private conversation? Get out, for the sake of the seven."

She walked away and closed the door.
"I am pregnant", I started off directly.
"Mh", her voice went up.
"I don't know what to do. I will give birth before our wedding, that's for sure. Is it even legal?", I asked her.
"I know what it is for sure. Incredibly stupid. All the years of best education and you're failing at the easiest things. I am disappointed."

"I am sorry to interrupt you while you talk about my mistakes, but I asked you for something else."

"Yes, yes. Sure. Well, I think if the posh blond boy on the Iron Thrones says that it's legal, it is. Joffrey doesn't care how much the folks hate him, he is save on the lap of his mother.", Olenna shook her head.

"He is the king. You shouldn't talk about him like this."

"Why? Because he currently sits on that ugly sword chair?"

"He made Loras a knight. They promise to fight side by side with our house."

"Just as long as his mother changes her mind. He is his pet, just a silly boy with a huge ego."

"GET OUT.", I stood up and pointed at the door while I was screaming. "Leave. My. Chambers."

She gave me a last glaze, which looked like she felt very sorry for me and left.

The next thing I decided to do was telling Joffrey. If he knew it, nothing worse could happen, because the king created the laws, he couldn't be wrong.

"Love,", I greeted him after we met at the garden.

His smile was faked. His eyes sparkled furiously. "Walk with me."

We found ourselves again in his chamber. I knew this room as good as Highgarden already.
We stood there, Joffrey turned his back to me and breath out loudly.
"I...", I started insecurely.
"I already know it.", he still didn't turn around.
"Oh, I mean, I..."
"Mother says a king isn't allowed to hit his lady..." , he replied slowly. "But I will make an exception." And his outstretched hand hit my face.