Naxx - Part 5

The Doctor sitting at the workstation was unknown to the Lab Technician scurrying through the Laboratory. But he seemed to be familiar with the equipment and the D.N.A. sample he was examining on the computer screen. The employee frowned with indecision as he went about his duty. It wasn't likely that some stranger off the street would know what the equipment was used for, and though he'd never seen the Doctor before he appeared to know what he was doing. The Tech kept walking, but was determined to check with the Lab's Doctor about the person working in the Lab after-hours.

Returning an hour later after caring for the four legged subjects in the live rat Lab, the employee noticed that the workstation was empty. He went over to the last place the stranger had been and switched on the computer's monitor. Examining the gene splicing samples that were in the process of being analysed, his eyes widened as he saw genetic markers he'd never seen on the human genome before.

The human sample wasn't the cause of his concern though. The major concern was the hybrid gene that had been spliced onto the human one. It was Supernatural in origin. Quickly, before the stranger returned, the Tech surreptitiously plugged in a USB and copied the files. Slipping the copied information into his pocket, he waited uncertainly for the processing to finish, hoping to understand what the testing was for. But it was taking too long and he did not wish to chance detection.

Whatever he'd stumbled across, it was unauthorized use of the facility and knew exactly whose attention he had to bring it to. His new King's. Rushing quickly to the employee's locker room and dressing in street clothes, he threw his lab coat over a hanger. His name tag winked in the light and the name of the soon to be dead man flashed in the man-made light. It read Clem, short for Clematis. He was a Nymph and a good friend of Amy's, so he knew Supernatural D.N.A. when he saw it.

Unfortunately someone had seen him being inquisitive.
.......

The tall figure waiting in the stairwell cloaked himself with shadows and disappeared from view. When Clem hurried past he didn't even see his murderer waiting.

Clem felt a sharp sting at his throat and put a puzzled hand up to the site of his neck as he managed another two steps before falling. Sprawled on the landing between stairs Clem held a shaking hand in front of his face for a moment and still wondering what had happened to cause him to have blood on his hand as he died.

Naxx stepped out of the darkness he habitually used to avoid cameras and looked at the still-warm corpse at his feet as he wiped his dagger on a piece of cloth before returning it to its sheath. Then as the door opened on the floor above he disappeared into the shadows once more, waiting for the green light on the computer to begin flashing. An indicator his test results were ready.
.......

I woke with sunset. My sleepy eyes blinked against the encroaching light that was angled low enough to come in through the thin curtained windows. It was usually a luxury I looked forward to now that the sun held no fear for me. I watched as the dappled light streamed in through the glass, my new lace curtains and climbed up the cover that was barely covering Scott's bare ass.

He was nestled against my side and I buried my nose in his hair and breathed in the smell of sunshine that seemed to float around my usually bright and sparkling man. It was still there, comforting me, giving me a feeling of peace even though now that I was awake my mind began to swirl with questions.

It wasn't just Scott who was concerned at the new changes within me. I was trying to present a stoic front to the people under my care and to Scott as well. But I had the sneaking suspicion that I wasn't able to hide things as well as I might from the man who mumbled in his sleep and dropped one large and well-muscled arm across my chest before nuzzling his face into my neck.