Chapter 4

Anime played a rather important part in Phil's life. Hence why he currently had his laptop on his lap, Free! playing. Free! was one of Phil's favourite animes. One of the main characters was a boy named Haru. Haru was a swimmer so, generally, there was a lot of... toplessness.

Weirdly, Phil found that Haru was pretty attractive for an anime character. (Haru's friend Mako was also more than decent too). Boys could have "man crushes", right? Every boy had them so thinking a couple of guy anime characters were attractive didn't mean anything at all.

When Phil realised he was no longer paying attention to Free!, he turned it off, shut his laptop and placed it on his bedside table. He leant back so his head hit his pillow and closed his eyes.

-

When Phil saw Luke the next day, he properly examined him. With his blonde quiff and edgy lip ring, he actually looked pretty decent.

Oh gosh. Phil thought his bully was attractive.

The one thought that ran through his mind was "I think I might be bisexual" and that made him feel queasy.

So, when Luke grabbed Phil's shoulders and shoved him into the lockers, he couldn't help but break down. Luke looked a little taken aback, like he didn't expect Phil to cry. He paused, his fist partially raised. "What-" Luke started, his eyebrows creased as Phil let out a loud sob. Luke retracted his hands and Phil dropped to the floor, putting his head into his hands. Luke was obviously conflicted on how to react because he shot off down the hall.

Phil just sat there, being judged by everyone who walked past.

-

"Martyn need some new clothes so we're going into town." Phil's mum said on Saturday morning. "You're coming too."

"Okay, give me half an hour." Phil replied, opening up his wardrobe and beginning to sift through the mounds of clothes. In the end (around ten minutes later), he decided to wear a black shirt and skinny jeans.

Once he was changed, he looked at himself in the tall mirror standing in his bedroom. For some reason, the black didn't look quite right on him.

-

Martyn dragged Phil and their mum into some random clothing shop and over to the men's section. "Phil, I think this shirt would look really nice on you." Phil's mum said, pointing to a navy shirt with a picture on. Phil just shrugged; his mum picked it up for him anyway.

Whilst Martyn and his mum were looking, Phil wandered off on his own. On his journey, he spotted a cute light pink jumper, practically screaming his name. Phil looked at it for a moment, unsure about whether he should try it on or not.

One of the first thoughts in Phil's mind once stumbling upon the jumper was "isn't it a bit girly?". In the end, after a long contemplation process, he picked up the jumper and wandered back over to his mum.

"Mum." He muttered, poking his mum's side. "Can I get this?" His mum turned and her eyes laid upon the pastel jumper.

"Isn't it a bit... feminine?" was her response and it made Phil's face fall.

"Why does that matter?"

"It doesn't but... I don't think it would suit you.. Dark colours look lovely on you."

"No, they don't. I look stupid in black."

"Fine, you can get the jumper but you better wear it." Phil's face literally lit up as he gently placed the jumper in the basket.

"I will wear it! Thank you, mum!" Phil's mum sighed as Martyn put a pair of trousers in the basket.

"Come on, Phil, you need some new shirts and trousers too." Phil nodded, walking off again.

When he came back, he was holding two shirts (one light blue, the other white) and a pair of pale trousers. Those clothes felt a lot more him than black. He was actually excited to wear them.

-

Phil's mum quickly wanted to pop into some weird girly shop so she could buy a pair of earrings for work. She began to look for some whilst Martyn and Phil walked around, bored expressions on their faces. The two boys passed a particular shelf with accessories on. Martyn walked past it, not thinking much of it but his little brother stopped. Phil's eyes widened in admiration at the items on it. There was a perfectly circular flower crown and it looked really pretty. The flowers looked so real and all the colours worked together perfectly. It was pink and white in places, meaning it would fit with Phil's new jumper.

"Phil, aren't you coming?" Martyn called once he realised Phil wasn't following him.

"I need to speak to mum." Phil then lightly grabbed the flower crown and shot back in the direction of his mum before Martyn could question anything.

Once Phil reached his mum, he held out the flower crown.

"Phil, is there something you're not telling me?" His mum's voice was soft and she generally sounded concerned.

"No? Please can I buy it?" Phil's mum sighed but she nodded anyway.

I like this chapter ^-^