Chapter 10

The next day, Phil walked into school with the same motivation: to tell someone about Luke. He got in earlier than usual because he knew roughly what time Luke got into school. Phil wandered down the hall, towards his tutor room.

Once he arrived, he glanced into the classroom and the teacher wasn't there.

-

After afternoon tutor (the final lesson), Phil quickly rushed over to his tutor. "Sir, can I talk to you?" Phil asked, his eyes wide.

"I have a meeting. I'm really sorry but I have to go." The teacher was quickly gathering up his stuff and Phil was just holding him back.

"It doesn't matter anyway." Phil looked down at the floor, frowning as the teacher rushed out of the room.

-

Phil obviously wasn't meant to tell anyone about Luke because, each time he tried, something got in the way.

It was like the bullying wasn't meant to stop. Apparently the world hated him so much that it wanted him to suffer.

Why did the world hate him?

He was always good and never caused trouble. He was kind and, for the most part, optimistic.

Why him?

Phil brought his knees to his chest and let out a soft cry.

What had he done?

He hadn't done anything... so why was he bullied?

Probably because he was weak.

Phil rubbed his eyes with his fists and decided he needed to do something to distract himself. Despite the fact that it was almost three in the morning, he pulled on his shoes and threw a jacket over his pyjamas. He then slowly made his way downstairs and out the front door.

It was quite chilly outside so Phil was thankful that he had remember a jacket. He slowly wandered down his street, no destination in mind. Stars were faintly shining in the sky and they were really entrancing.

Phil stopped walking when he reached a large, open field. When he noticed that the grass wasn't wet, he bent down and laid down on it.

He spotted the moon and noticed it was full. Both beautiful and creepy.

Phil stayed there, under the stars, for hours and it helped him feel... more content.