/detatched/

/harry/

'Harry Lewis! Get back here, right now!'

I sighed in defeat, slowing down from my brisk walk and turning to face the man stood in the door of main reception.

'Look, sir, I'm sorry. I... I missed the bus, and then turns out I got on the wrong one, so the closest stop was about a mile down the road. I ran as fast as I could, honest!'

'Mr Lewis, you tell me this as though I don't know you live in the college campus flats.'

I looked down at my feet in embarrasment. The truth was, I'd slept in and then craved a McDonald's breakfast so bad that I walked all the way to get one.

That wouldn't sound very good to the headteacher, would it?

'This is getting ridiculous, Mr Lewis. I'm willing to let it slide one last time, but as a member of this establishment, you must learn that you have responsibilities.'

'I know I do, sir. I have loads! And I do all of them, I'm just late sometimes.' I protested.

'I'm afraid 'sometimes' just doesn't cut it anymore, Harry! Before summer, you were late at least three times a week! Your tardiness seems to be the only thing consistant about you. Therefore, I think you need a few more responsibilites to try and show you how important it is to be organised.'

I groaned, realising where he was going.

'The library staff are expecting you there this lunch, at exactly 12:45. You can get your dinner and eat it there, behind the desk, or eat it quickly before you go.'

'Sir, please! This is just unnescesary!' I said, as he turned on his heel and began to stride back down the corridor.

'Oh, and Mr Lewis? Be prompt. 12:45 sharp, or you will be detained every night this week.' He called over his shoulder as he walked away.

'You've got to be fucking kidding.' I hissed under my breath.

Checking the time on my phone, I realised it was now 11:45, meaning lunch would start in about twenty minutes.

'Ah, well.' I hummed to myself, meandering slowly to the bathroom, where I would sit and wait for the lunch bell to ring.

'It's not like anyone's gonna miss me.'

~~
sorry for the short chapters so far! Just trying to establish characters and connections.x x