/outcast/

/ethan/

Lunchtimes were always hard, personally. I obviously wanted to eat, I was a human being, but eating alone surrounded by people who didn't care about me was not something I cherished the thought of.

It was also something I couldn't avoid.

Today, however, it was different- when I looked into the sea of faces, I saw two that I wouldn't have imagined together- Harry and Vik. I didn't know Vik, but I figured he was a loner like Harry. Like me.

'This is it, Ethan. Weirdos unite.' I murmured under my breath. I walked slowly over to the empty seat beside Harry.

'...I didn't ask her to 'assign' you to me, Vik.'

'Well, she wouldn't have to if you weren't late the first two days on the jo-'

'-Can I sit here?' I asked quietly. Harry looked up, obviously confused, and then nodded.

'Sure.'

Vik regarded me with caution. I opened my salad pot, looking at it sadly. I pushed it around the plastic container for a while, the limp leaves and watery dressing in no way appealing.

'Why'd you get it if you don't like it?' he asked, his voice subdued.

I looked up, surprised that he was speaking to me. Vik wasn't anything to be scared of, not really, but the thought of someone starting a conversation with me was weird.

'I... I don't know.' I admitted.

'You should get something you like.' Harry said with his mouth full of food.

'You should eat with your mouth shut.' Vik retorted, looking at the blonde haired boy with an eyebrow raised. Harry grinned, swallowing hard.

'Wait, so... Are you two friends? How did that happen?' I asked.

The boys exchanged a glance, and then looked back at me.

'Shit book club.' Harry muttered, as Vik laughed slightly.

'Yeah. Shit book club.'

~~
first friendship yayayayyayyyyyayaa
@ me : u took ur bloody time