/fresh/

/vik/

this is set kind of a few months later :)

'Where are the others?' I asked, frowning at the empty room. It was just me and Ethan there, and he was grinning like a maniac.

'Oh, I dunno.' he replied, the giggle almost exploding from between his ears.

'...Ethan-' I started, his flushed skin making me suspicious.

'Oh, fuck!' he cried suddenly. 'I've left my bag in Chem!'

I raised an eyebrow. 'How convenient.'

'Do you mind going to get it for me? I need to speak to Mrs Müller about something.'

Rolling my eyes, I stood up, pushing my chair back.

'Fine. But I know you're planning something.'

I trailed my way up the stairs to the second floor, all the way to our chemistry classroom. Through the glass window in the centre of the door, I could see that all the lights were off- only a torch shone in the middle of the room. I pushed the door open tentatively.

'What's...' I mumbled, as someone from across the room shushed me.

Suddenly, the wall opposite me lit up- with a picture of me and Tobi. It was a selfie taken about a month ago, when me and him had gone to this weird ice cream place in Central. I laughed as the image flashed up.

'Tobi?' I called into the dark room.

'Sit down.'

I sat at the desk.

'Hey, Vik.' I heard Harry say quietly from behind me.

'Harry!' someone, assumably Josh, hissed.

'Sorry!' Harry mumbled back, instead sliding a bowl of popcorn and a bottle of water in front of me.

'What...?'

Tobi walked out to the front of the room, a small remote in his hand as the door to the room opened and closed quickly.

'Hello, class.' he said to the still dark room, obviously trying to contain a laugh. I looked around, to see the others all around me: Josh and Simon at one desk, JJ and Ethan sat bickering at another, and Harry leaning against Cal in the corner. All of them were watching Tobi intently.

'Today, we're going to be learning about a very special character in History- Vikram Barn.'

'Haha cos he's old init.' Simon called from his desk. I heard Josh slapping his chest.

'You're older than Vik!' he said in exasperation.

'Shut up, dad.' Simon muttered as Tobi tutted and tapped his foot against the floor impatiently.

I sat and listened, as Tobi told all about everything I'd told him in the past- things that mattered, things that didn't, things that I never thought he would remember. The interruptions from the boys around me maybe killed the mood a little, but Tobi carried on regardless. A slideshow of photos of us- memories of us- played in the background.

By the end, I was kinda confused, but my heart was warm and fizzing.

'You're probably confused.' Tobi said with a smile. 'I've basically just told your life story- but my question is, what comes next?'

He moved over to stand by my desk, placing a piece of paper on everyone's desk- except mine.

He placed a separate piece on my desk.

'Mine's blank!' JJ cried. Ethan punched him, mumbling for him to 'fucking shut up' under his breath.

Mine, however, had to questions on it.

Tobi regarded me with nervous eyes.

'This is your homework for this week, guys. And for the week after that, and then after that, and then... well, as long as long can be.'

I heard Cal snort from behind me. 'Pretty long.' he murmured.

'Liar.' Harry smirked back.

I looked down at my sheet.

will you be mine?

| | yes

| | no

A blush coloured my cheeks, as I pulled a pen from the pocket of my shirt.

| x | yes

| | no

I turned the sheet around to face Tobi. His face cracked into a smile, as I stood up to wrap my arms around his neck.

'Fuckin' nerds.' Josh muttered. I expected to hear a sarcastic comment back from Simon, but when I turned my head to look, Simon had simply pressed a kiss against Josh's lips.

Tobi grabbed my hand.

'Let's go.' he said quietly. I looked over at all my friends, and then up at the chocolate eyes of the boy I loved. I was content.

I think I was even more content in the cleaning cupboard he pushed me into, with his lips against mine and his hands against my neck, but no one really wants to hear about that, do they?

~~
the next chapter is the last :(