Prolouge

Bri's POV

"This flight 1193 coming from San Francisco to Port Angeles. We will be landing in 40 minutes. We would like to thank you for flying Delta..." I tuned out what the flight attendant was saying. I sighed as I stared out the window watching as I was carried further from my home.

My name is Brielle Aurelia Whitlock-Uley, but most people call me Bri. I'm fifteen and half black and half Quileute. I have two brothers named Sam and Embry, that live in La Push, Washington. We all have the same sperm donor Joshua Uley, but he walked out a long time ago. He was married to Sam's mother Amanda, but left when Sam was four. Then he ran to San Francisco and knocked my mother up, making me and Sam five years apart. Then he left before I was even born and ran off to the Makah reservation and knocked up Embry's mom Sandra making me and Embry one year apart.

I grew up in San Francisco with my mom Lena and my adoptive dad Jasper. They were high school sweethearts but he's a year older than her and went to college in L.A so they broke up. My mom had me when she was nineteen. When my dad came back he married her right away and adopted me. They found out about my brothers because Josh tried to work out things with Amanda, whom he never divorced. She found a letter from Sandra one day asking for child support when she was six months pregnant.

Amanda found out that the only reason Josh was back was to use the money she makes from her hair salon to pay the child support,She backed him into the corner that night and asked if it was true and if he had anymore children that she needed to know about. He admitted to me and Embry that night. She then called my mother and Sandra. She said that she wanted all three of us to grow up together and that she didn't want us to pay for Josh's mistakes.

So every summer me and Embry would go down there. It was always fun. I was closest to same because me and Embry argue a lot but I still love both of my brothers the same. We all looked like Josh as well. We all had the same deep green eyes and high cheek bones. The only difference was that I had a big curly hair and freckles that spanned across my cheeks. I have slight darker skin and was significantly shorter than both of them. While Sam stood at 6'7 and Embry at 6'4 I stood at 4'10. Yeah I know. Genetics fucked me over in terms of height, but back to the story at hand.

I was on a plane on the way to Washington, because my parents decided that they didn't like most of my friends, mainly my boyfriend Trevaughn, and decided that it would be best to send me to live with my brother. I protested till I was blue in the face, but know one ever listens to me. Dad and Sam said that they didn't like the way he talked to me and how I seemed to change whenever I was around him. Mom didn't like that ever since I met him I would always come home late, sneak out and that the friends he introduced me to were bad influences and that it seemed like I was becoming a different girl than the one she raised.

 Mom didn't like that ever since I met him I would always come home late, sneak out and that the friends he introduced me to were bad influences and that it seemed like I was becoming a different girl than the one she raised

I thought the argument was bullshit. It wasn't like I was on drugs or my grades were going down. I still maintained a 4.2 gpa and I also skipped a grade in elementary. It wasn't like I was completely out of control. The only person that was on my side was my best friend Benjamin or Benji as I liked to call him. It was mainly due the fact that he would probably begin to have separation anxiety. We've been best friends since we were two and barely went a day without each other. Whenever I went La Push he would come with me and my parents.

I met Tre' a year ago and we've been dating for nine months. He's 18, tall dark skin and funny. He has deep brown eyes and braids. He's sweet, but can sometimes be a little demanding, but he also very loving. He liked to show me off to his friends, so we would go to party so that he could. I loved being with and I know that I'm in love with him, and I'm pretty sure that he's in love with me as well. I just think that my family is blowing things out of proportion.

I sighed looking out the window. I got from my seat and go to the tiny bathroom. I checked my make up and reapplied my Too Faced Deep Black Cherry lipstick. I fluffed up my hair and popped a mint in my mouth. I walked out of the bathroom and sat back down. Before I knew it the plane was landing. I looked out to the foggy Port Angeles sky and sighed. So this is where I'm going to be for the next two and half to three years. I sighed walking off the plane with my Gucci purse and Louis Vuitton carry on.

 I sighed walking off the plane with my Gucci purse and Louis Vuitton carry on