Chapter Three - Nick

A/N: A slightly shorter chapter than usual I'm afraid. I've been a bit busy with schoolwork (*cough* looking at memes *cough*). Anyway... stuff happens in this chapter. NONE of that stuff is sex. LOL I'll probably lose subs for saying that but anyway, as usual... Enjoy!

'Hello? Yes, this is Tundratown Limo Service. Do you require a booking?' The heavily-accented voice of Koslov crackled down the line.

'I'm calling on different business, I'm afraid. I'll need to arrange a time to speak to your boss.'

'I am the boss here. What can I do for you?' He sounded a little suspicious.

'Koslov, buddy, ya know me! I need to talk to Mr. Big. The sooner, the better.' The phone went silent for a solid ten seconds, and I started to wonder whether Koslov had hung up.

'He is available in a few hours. You will wait in the car park outside MamMall Centre. I will send a car. It will pick you up at exactly seven. Do not be late, and make sure you are not followed. Good day.' The line went dead, and I looked around me. It didn't look like anyone had overheard my conversation except Judy.

'How'd it go? What did he want?' she asked, gesturing toward the phone.

'He's sending a car around to pick us up. Looks like we're talking to the little Big in person. And-,' I added as an afterthought, 'it'd be a good idea to not tell him I called him that.'

Carrots chuckled, a funny hiccupy sound typical for rabbits. 'Come on, Nick! Would I ever? He'd probably ice us both!' she exclaimed, punching me playfully.

'Keep it down!' I whispered, making a shushing gesture. I was very aware of the fact that our cubicle was pretty much in the open. Carrots looked guiltily over her shoulder, then twitched her ears to check if anyone was near. Evidently there wasn't, because she kept talking.

'I'm assuming this car isn't going to just pick us up from the ZPD. That'd look a bit, well, odd.'

'Nah.' I said, grinning at the thought of a jet black limo pulling up beside a couple of cop cars. 'But I hope you're ready for some shopping. Looks like we're headed to MamMall.'

A few hours of busywork later saw us almost ready to go, walking through the building toward the exit.

'Hey Nick, are you sure Mr. Big will appreciate us carrying these?' Asked Carrots, slipping her taser out of her belt and turning it over.

'It should be fine. If he wants us unarmed, we'll put them down and pick them up on the way out.' I replied. 'He may be a mafia crime lord, but he's not unreasonable.'

At that moment I was startled by a high-pitched squeal. 'Gah!' I exclaimed. It sounded like someone was in severe pain. Then the sound changed into a giggle, coming from the front desk.

'Clawhauser!' I barked in annoyance. Whatever he was obsessing over this time, it had almost caused me to run and hide. He signalled us to come over to his desk, still chuckling and smiling loonily.

'Alright, then...' I muttered, checking to make sure we had enough time. It was still at least half an hour until we had to be at the car park. I nodded at Carrots, and we walked over.

'Hey, Ben.' I said. 'What's with the banshee impression?'

He broke out into another burst of giggling, trying to cover his mouth with both paws. 'Ha!' he finally managed. 'I always knew it! You two...' He turned his laptop around. On the screen was the Precinct One surveillance database, with one particular video paused and zoomed-in.