metal • ko

A/N:

Tbh I think the name for the chapter is kinda funny? Like "omg Kevin is so metal"

Guess what?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Within the next few chapters, PTX will meet up for the first time.

Y'all are probably thinking, "UGGHHHHH FINALLYYYYY"

But anyway,

OMG 100 FREAKIN' READS!!!

THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH!!

Hope you enjoy this chap, ily all very much<3

**********************************

A voice blared over the tannoy speaker in my apartment.

"Mr Kevin Olusola to come down to reception promptly, I repeat Kevin Olusola to come down to reception."

I groaned. I knew what was gonna happen.

I never get called just to chat, or to hang out. It's always, "Kevin, come fix this!" or "Kevin, come grab this for me!"

See, our nation is probably the weakest one. There's not a lot of us, and nobody really knows how to use their powers yet.

Well, except from me.

I have been told that I have a gift, but I don't really agree. I believe that the others simply don't try hard enough.

See, I can't really do that much with my powers. Everyone just makes it out as if I can.

That's why they cancelled Examination Day. It just doesn't work.

Only mediocres like me come and get tested, and we barely pass. Why did there even have to be a test in the first place?

I hate what our beautiful world has become.

Everything is monochrome here. The only thing that isn't black, white or grey is the red Society emblem. And I'm sick to my back teeth of seeing it everywhere I go. It literally just increases the level of depressive-ness!

I exit my little flat and head downstairs to the front door of the building to see what they want me for this time. Maybe to get something from high up using my magnet skills, or to just show off my laser eyes.

It gets really boring really quickly, and everyone just wants to see me do stuff all of the time.

There was two familiarly dressed men standing in the lobby. As soon as they saw me, they waved me over. I decided to talk first.

"Hello, gentlemen. What brings you here to see me?"

They look at me, look at each other, nod, and then walk out. I cautiously follow, which makes one of the men slow down and walk behind me.

They lead me out to their fancy black car, and got me to sit in the back, the men sitting on either side of me.

The woman that was sitting in the driver's seat didn't even bother to look behind at us.