Chapter Twenty Five ( Graduation )

{ When it seems like there's no one left to run to in this empty world you can come to me I'll be your shooting star. You can tell me your dreams I can't promise to make them come true, but I'll be there to pick up the pieces of your broken heart if your dreams happen to fall through.} - Rachael simpson to jason

______________________________________________________________________

(Rachael's P.O.V)

“Graduation baby!!! Wooohoooo!!” Luke yelled from behind me. Yes we finally made it, today was our graduation. After the valedictorian gave her speech the principal went up and started calling out the students’ names and handing them that small piece of paper saying “that we survived the torture.”

I looked over to where Jason was standing in line waiting to receive his diploma. Thinking to myself that everything that happened this year was worth it because in the end I got what I wanted all along.

Jason’s parents of course couldn’t make it today because they had a business meeting in Paris and couldn’t postpone it, I really hated them; I mean come on this is your son’s graduation. How could they miss it? Still he kept a happy face on and said he really didn’t care as long as I was there.

“Jason Allen Sharp, captain of the football team and winner of this year’s Kenner’s scholar athlete award.” Jason walked up and shook hands with our principal, and looked over at me and I winked and him. In the background I heard my mom and Dylan cheer him on as though he was a part of their family, which made me so happy that they accepted him as their own.

Next Luke’s name was called up followed by Taylor’s and Emma’s names and soon enough it was time for my name to be called out, but I really couldn’t go up with a cast on my leg. I felt some one stand next to me, I looked up to see Jason towering over me with a smile on his face, and he looked so cute with his gown and cap on; like a little boy.

“It’s your turn baby.” I looked at him curiously until I realized what he wanted to do.

“No no no, don’t even think about it…” I protested, but when they called my name “Rachael William Simpson, captain of the cheerleading squad and student body president. Uhh being carried in by Jason sharp.” The principle said in an amused tone as Jason scooped me up in his arms and walked to the stage. Every single eye in the room was on us and I could feel my face heating up. People were “awwing” and “owwing” as we passed them. Jason carried me over to where the principal was, he handed me my diploma and I shook his hand, he whispered “good luck.” To me as Jason carried me off stage.

We went back to our seats, but Jason kept me cradled in his arms. Everyone stood up as the principle said “ladies and the gentlemen I give you the class of 2012” all the students erupted in cheers and threw their caps in the air. I threw mine then looked at Jason and kissed him on the lips before grabbing his cap and flinging it in the air as well.

We met up with Dylan and my mom after a while, but I was now sitting comfortable in my wheelchair. I could tell that she cried a lot during the sermon, since her mascara was ruined.

“Oh my babies!! I’m so proud of you...” My mom came over and hugged Jason tightly before hugging me.

“Thanks, I can’t believe this is over.” I sighted with relief at the thought of no more waking up early and home works or crappy cafeteria food.

“Yeah, but still I’m gonna miss it.” Jason said looking back at our school building.

“Well come on, cheer up. We are going out to celebrate…mom’s treat.” Dylan chirped putting his arm around Jason’s shoulder.