Kiss The Girl (SoulXMaka)

"Dude," Black*Star yells in shame punching Soul's shoulder, "go for it! She's never going to know if you don't do or say anything! I taught you better than this! She's the type of girl not to make a move first! I would know, I was her best-friend! Go for it!"

"But...," Soul says scratching the back of his head, "what if she doesn't like me?..... What if, I can't.... I'm not her type..... " Soul stares to the ground sorrowfully as he kicks a nearby rock, "look, I can't do it....just drop it..."
************************************

"Tell him," Tsubaki says cheerfully brushing Maka's hair as they sit on Tsubaki's bed.

Maka blushes twirling the ends of her hair in between her fingers, "yeah, okay, me telling Soul I like him, is a recipe for instant rejection."

Tsubaki smiles laughing, "Maka, I'm pretty sure he likes you. You should tell him."

Maka rolls her eyes, "thinking and knowing are two completely different things. You know what happens when people assume things?" Tsubaki keeps brushing Maka's hair and then starts to weave a fishtail braid chuckling softly. Maka looks at the door annoyed, "when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me."

Tsubaki tilts her head smiling and laughing, "I see what you did there." Tsubaki giggles, "you're so nerdy, how could he not find you adorable?"

Maka sighs, "I'm not adorable and because he's Soul. He's into the whole, big boobs and no standards stuff.... I'm the complete opposite of what he wants. He wants a busty bimbo and I'm flat-chested and not stupid..."

Tsubaki laughs, "you might be surprised."

Maka shrugs, "even if he did like me, he's the guy and he should make a move first. If not, then I figure he doesn't like me and it's not a shock."

Tsubaki grins as she finishes weaving her braid, "so you do like him, is what you're saying?"

Maka blushing glancing around the room, "more or less..."

Tsubaki claps her hands together grinning, "awwwwww, I hope he makes a move! You two would be adorable together!"

Maka rolls her eyes, "it won't happen, he doesn't like me like that....."

Tsubaki grins, "sure, he doesn't." She gets up from the bed, "anyway, let's get ready for the dance."

Maka smiles hopping up from Tsubaki's bed and going to her closet, "let's make you look good for Black*Star," she says winking her eye as she opens the door, "at least he made a move and you know he likes you."
************************************

"Ugh, I hate suits," Soul says pulling on his collar and loosening his tie. Kid stares at Black*Star annoyed looking at his unevenly buttoned shirt.

"The party starts in a few minutes and the none of the girls have shown up," Kid says glancing down at his watch, "Liz and Patti left awhile ago and haven't come back....."

Black*Star shrugs, "I said, I would escort Tsubaki, but she said she was coming with Maka, since she didn't have a date." Black*Star narrows his eyes at Soul with the last statement.

Kid looks at Soul annoyed, "I would've escorted Maka, if I would have known Soul wasn't going to."

Soul gulps, "well....I didn't want her to tell me no....." He rubbed the back of his head, "cool guys don't get rejected and I figured she already had a date... I mean she is the infamous Maka Albarn.."

Kid shakes his head looking at Soul annoyed, "she wouldn't have told you no, I'm pretty sure she would have fainted."

"Of joy," Black*Star adds looking at the door as more and more people started to enter.

"Yeah, no...," Soul says looking at the door, "I hope she comes anyway....."
************************************************************************

Maka waited with Tusbaki outside looking for Liz and Patti. "Aw, you look adorable," Liz squealed admiring Maka's wavy hair and purple dress.

"Thanks," Maka said smiling. Tsubaki smiled and pushed open the door as everyone filed in.

"Hey, Tsubaki," Black*Star called from across the room to Tsubaki. "Wow," he said looking at her, "you look stunning."

Kid looked at Liz and Patti, "you two look perfectly symmetrical."

Soul looked at Maka speechless and Maka smiled back. "You look pretty Maka," Black*Star said urging Soul to say something shooting him a glare.

"Yeah..," Soul added still speechless.

"You're hopeless,"Kid says shaking his head and Liz hits him on the back of the head. He winces, "oh, did I say that out loud?"

Maka laughs and the music starts playing. Tsubaki leaned over and whispered into Black*Star's ear causing him to grin. "Well we should all go dance," he said triumphantly. He took Tsubaki's hand and Kid grabbed Patti's. Liz walked over to Hero and tapped his shoulder and he eagerly agreed to dance.

Soul stood there awkwardly and Maka rocked back and forth on her heels. Black*Star nudged Soul whispering below the music, "ask her to dance."

Maka was looking out into the dancefloor watching the other couples dance. Soul awkwardly walked towards her, "um..., Maka do you want to dance?..."

She nodded and smiled, "sure." She took his extended hand and he walked her to the dancefloor. She blushed sheepishly, "I can't dance..."

Soul chuckled placing one of his hands on her hip and putting the other up in the air as he began waltzing to the music, "seriously? The Maka Albarn can fight a kishin, make a Death Scythe, but she can't dance?"

She flushed and puffed out one of her cheeks, "it's not funny!"

Soul grinned his same usual shark-toothed smile, "don't worry about it, just follow my lead."

She flushed and did as she was told gingerly following his steps. He dipped her down and stared down at her face deciding whether he should go for the kiss or not. Black*Star , Liz, Patti, and Tsubaki watched excitedly. Kid watched slightly disappointed.

Spirit watched and huffed, "just kiss her already!"

Soul smirked hearing Maka's father's words and bent down placing his lips on her's causing Maka to brush brightly before closing her eyes and wrapping her arms around his neck. "FINALLY," all they all shouted in approval. Soul pulled away a few seconds later. Maka blushed.

"He finally kissed the girl," Stein said with a chuckle as he pat a crying Spirit's back.