Somewhere You Belong (SoulXMaka)

[Based on the song, A Place Where You Belong- Bullet For My Valentine]

Soul stared down at the cracked cement sidewalk as he aimlessly wondered down the streets of Death City. He looked hallow and empty....broken.... He was searching, looking, for her.... He still didn't want to come to grips with what had happened... But he knew he couldn't pretend it didn't happen....

His normally bright scarlet red eyes had faded into a dim and dark crimson color. His signature playful smirk had vanished into a solemn pained neutral expression. He just looked utterly broken.... He couldn't fathom the situation...... He didn't want to. He didn't want to believe she was actually gone....and there was nothing he could do about it...

He pushed open the rusty cemetery gate, walking down the path to two familiar grave sites. He wanted to check.... Maybe, it was all just an elaborate prank?...... Maybe he had just dreamed the entire thing up... He wanted to believe that, but his heart shattered once again as he read both names like expected on the still almost brand new gravestones.

"Maka," Soul whispered barely audible as tears streamed down his face. He slumped down to the ground and leaned his back against her gravestone fisting his own hair with gritted teeth as he tried to force back sobs.
************************************************************************

He had always known he liked Maka, but with her permanent absence he realized some other things. One, he had loved her......... He still loved her.... And two, he blamed himself for her suicide. He blamed himself for not being there for her, even if she had pushed him away. To him, it was still his fault. And lastly, he didn't want to let her go, he couldn't......

He fisted his hair tighter as flashbacks of the weeks before played in his mind. Maka had seemed distant, staring off into nothing at random times, seeming to be worried or anxious and lost in thought, but nothing too major. Nothing too unusual that it didn't seem to be anything to be majorily worried about... But then the day came, with the news of Maka's mother's death and Maka's entire world shattered into a million little pieces...

Maka had been fighting with herself for awhile and Soul had always known that. She was strong-willed, independent, but ultimately she was as broken as Soul is now.... The only difference is, she could force a smile and play it off like she was fine. She had always been emotionally unstable. People with broken smiles, they're masters of deception. You never really know what they're thinking about...

Maka had always been close to her mother, she loved her dearly. With the news of her death, Maka instantly felt alone... She knew she had Soul to lean on and cry to, but she didn't want to. She didn't want to burden anyone else with her problems. She thought he would push her away, laugh at her or not even care.... She was aware she was in love with Soul, but she said nothing of it for fear rejection...

Everyone tied to Kami felt the sting of her absence... And things just seemed to get worse for Maka in the days that followed...... Spirit went back to drinking alcohol, being a man-whore and formed other habits... Maka, herself, went into a spiraling depression... Soul would get sent on a missions, with another compatible partner, since Maka was on relief for mourning.

Soul jokingly made a comment about not needing her to watch his back anymore; he was strong enough to take care of himself and he liked not getting hit with a book by his other partner... His normal nonchalantly said comment was the final straw for her. She had finally come to the conclusion, he didn't need her and he would be fine without her.

With that said, Maka finally understood she was replaceable and not really needed by anyone. Soul would have a new partner and she could just fade into nothing like she wanted... She had made a Death Scythe, to her, she accomplished her goal in life; to become infamous like her mother, that was her goal.... She had no reason to live...or so she thought.

Soul Eater One-ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara