Chapter 1 Vile Voldemort and Difficult Decesions

Draco's P.O.V

I hated to leave Astoria alone like that but if mum needs me then mum needs me. I grazed up at our mansion and watched the summer breeze blow the trees and scatter the seeds. I saw the cracks in the paint and began to contemplate on how similar they were to the cracks in my family. The paint job looked perfect unless you knew what you were looking for much like my family tree. There was no use delaying it, I would have to face up to that disgusting snake eventually so I began the walk to my front door. I saw that the steps had several new cracks in them and now little blue flowers were growing out of them, it baffled me how beauty could survive in such adverse circumstances. I didn't bother to knock I simply turned the knob of the ancient oak door and pushed it open, it gave a eerie squeak as opened. That's when the sound of my mothers footsteps caught my attention and all of a sudden I was wrapped in a bone crushing hug. She looked nice in her dark green robes trimmed in silver and she said, "Draco I'm so happy to see you, this situation with your father is unbelievable, not that I care about him. The Aurors now have the nerve to come question me and one even accused me of being a death eater." I hugged her back and said, "Mum, I'm assuming our guest want's to see me?" She nodded solemnly and led me into the living room and there he was bald head in all. Voldemort looked like something out of a nightmare, he was deathly pale so much so that you could see the thin purple lines that were his veins. I think he has ice water instead of blood flowing through them. His nostrils were nothing more than slits on his face and his nails were claw like. His ice blue eyes burrowed into my soul and seemed to be looking for any sign of weakness, I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing I was terrified. He then began to speak in a smooth and threatening voice.

"Well, well, well if it isn't Mr. Malfoy come home to comfort mummy I assume, pitiful. You have been a very troublesome boy as of late and from what Bella tells me you have been aiding Harry Potter, is this true?" I smirked and said, " I thought you were all powerful, you should know if I was or not. Unless of course your power has been greatly overestimated." I watched as he paced around me and said, "An attitude, I like that but we have business to discuss, you owe me service" I crossed my arms and said, "I owe you nothing!" My mum put her hand over her mouth, she was clearly terrified for my safety. Voldemort chuckled and said, "Well Mr. Malfoy I will say this you have spirit may I call you Draco?" I scoffed and said, "Call me whatever you want." He nodded and continued to walk in circles around me and said, "I can tell that you won't be persuaded by threats of violence or promise of power but I will give you a choice. Choice one, "You serve me as a death eater and carry out my bidding or Choice two you don't have to become a death eater and I will leave you alone but all of your friends will be slaughtered. One more little bit I forgot to add, I will bring Astoria back here and torture her for hours in front of you. All of your friend are important to you but she's the proverbial nail in the coffin." I closed my eyes and began to think back to when Dumbledore said, "We must make a choice between what is right and what is easy" My choices didn't fit those parameters neither was right or easy. But my choice was clear." My tone was firm as I said, "I will serve you on the condition you leave my friends alone." Voldemort clapped his hands together and said, "I knew you would come around to my way of thinking now give me your free arm."

I offered him the one without the phoenix and he broke the skin with the tip of his wand and the dark mark appeared on my arm, it was in stark contrast with my pale skin and stood out like a sore thumb, when school started back up I would have to wear long sleeves all the time. Voldemort smiled and said, "Now that you're part of our group you have the opportunity to take assignments, I'm planning to give you a special one, now come along everyone is waiting." I followed him to the dinning room table and saw that all of my "Beloved" friends and family were there. I took a seat between Chinua and Josh or Jeff. Voldemort cleared his throat and said, "The first order of business is to assign work to our newest member filling in for his father, I have the perfect plan for him to execute. It has come to my attention that Dumbledore is a very real problem and one that needs to be dealt with quickly. Draco my dear boy your first mission is to kill Albus Dumbledore and repair the vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement these task can be completed in any order and I also expect progress reports to be sent. Are we clear?" I nodded and Voldemort said, "Good, Oh Jeff, Josh I just remembered you have to destroy Miss.Ashley Simmions family do make it loud and bright please." My tone was angry as I flew out of my chair and said, "You promised you wouldn't hurt my friends!" Voldemort smirked and then said, "Jeff, Josh don't kill young Miss. Simmons just stun her to keep her out of your way but your free to do what you want to her parents." They nodded and apparated away. It was a terrible turn of events. I walked towards one of the gigantic bay windows and took a seat in the alcove and just closed my eyes.

I soon felt someone sit next to me on the black cushioned alcove, I opened my eye and saw that Chinua had joined me. Her tone was sweet as she asked, "How's Astoria doing " My tone was sharp as I said, "Chinua you and I both know you didn't come over here to inquire about the health of my girlfriend considering your the one who put her in the hospital in the first place. Her smile turned into a wicked grin and she said, "You're right I'm actually here to inform you that Jeff, Josh and I are your contacts for this assignment and if we feel like your messing up we have the right to dispose of you. I would rather discuss something more interesting like you and me." I was shocked what was she playing at, her tone took on a twisted undertone and she said, "I think its time we talk about us." My tone was astounded as I said, "There is no us!" She smirked and said, "Not yet but there could be." That's when she pulled me in for a kiss and before I could react she had her lips to mine. I promptly shoved her off me and she landed on the floor with a thud. She stood up and said, "You'll regret this" She then aparated away. What a terrible mess this is, I made it too my room and the only thing on my mind was Astoria and our happy memories, I don't think it will be a good idea to writer her so now the only thing I can do is wait for it to all crash down around me.