Chapter two Heartbroken home and Loyale Love

Astoria's P.O.V

It was a gorgeous night the sky was filled to the brim with stars, I was sitting in my bay window just thinking about all the things my friends and I have been through. Everything from, Baskalisk, Dementors, dark wizards and the worst one of all detention. We have also been through a lot of fun times as well though but I have a feeling those are coming to a close. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Daphne's bell like voice and she said, "Storia you're never this quiet is something troubling you?" My tone was slightly let down as I said, "Daph, do you ever feel like you have failed you're friends?" She sighed and said, "You have to stop beating yourself up over what happened at the Ministry it's not good for you." My tone was still down as I said, "Daph, thanks for giving Draco a chance" She smiled and said, "He seems to care for you so why not anyway it was just a childhood grudge nothing major. I also know he's being forced to become a death eater because of protocol I read the forbidden book to you know. I'm going to bed see you in the morning Storia" I watched as she glided up the steps, her robins egg blue nightgown fit her perfectly and billowed out behind her. I watched her sweep around the corner and I was alone once again. I was just about to join her when I heard a pounding at the door, I walked over and opened it and there was Ashley and she had tears streaming down her face, Merlin's beard what could have happened.

I wasted no time in ushering her in and sitting her down in the living room, she was hyperventilating and covered in ashes with small cuts all over her arms and her hands were pitch black. My tone was soft as I said, "Ashley, you have to calm down or you'll be sick" I countered a paper bag and let her breath into it, she finally stopped hyperventilating but she continued to weep. She then sprung from the chair and wrapped her arms around me so that we were chest to chest, I could feel her heart pounding against her chest in an erratic beat. I stroked her hair and whispered, "Please tell me what's wrong my baby dragon" She finally pulled away and said, "My parents are dead, it was a normal night like any other but then the Lestrange twins showed up and murdered my parents and then they burned my home. I don't know why they didn't kill me too. After it was all over I went to Theo's house first but his parents said, "That a filthy half-blood shoulder be allowed to breath let alone enter their home. I have no where else to go and I'm scared." I continued to stroke her hair and then I yelled, "Mum, Dad its a emergency!" My parents were both light sleepers thank Merlin's beard, they came rushing down the stairs followed by Daph. My mum said, "Astoria sweet heart what's going on and what happened to Ashley." My tone was quiet as I said, "Her parents were murdered and her house was burned. The Lestrange twins are responsible." My dad straightened his mint green bathrobe and said, "I will contact the Aurors and the Order immediately" My mum helped Ashley off the floor and said in a warm tone, "Dear you have had a dreadful night let me make you some hot tea." That's when I heard another knock at the door, I drew my wand and opened it slowly and there stood Theo with a trunk that looked to be filled with all of his personal items.

My tone was soft as I said, "It's great to see you Theo, it looks like your moving" He grunted and said in a rough voice, "I am, I plan to stay here for a while my parents disgusted me tonight. They turned waffle away simply because she isn't a pure blood and I wasn't going to stand for it. I figured she would come here next since your parents are so accepting, where is she?" My tone was firm as I said, "She's in the kitchen having tea, come on I'm sure she will be happy to see you." We walked into the kitchen and when Ashley saw Theo she jumped out of the chair and raced over too him. She threw her arms around him and began to weep once again. Her tone was broken as she said, "You came for me?" He hugged her even tighter and said, "Always, my waffle" She pulled away and said, "Could you maybe just hold me for a while?" I watched as he effortlessly picked her up and carried her into the living room before taking a seat in a large leather arm chair. I heard Ashley whimper and say, "Oh Poo bear I don't want to lose you too, promise you won't leave me no matter what your the only thing I have left." I saw Theo hold her head against his broad night shirted clad chest and say, "Hear that waffle, that sound is only for you. That beat will never stop as long as you live and if you should die I will die right by your side, I'm never leaving you alone" She smiled and said, "Poo Bear I'm tired take me to bed." My mom came walking back in and said, "The house elves have got you're room ready Theo I'm assuming you and Ashley wish to share" They both nodded and then Theo picked her up like she was nothing and carried her up the steps.

That's when one last knock sounded at the door and this time it was a pair of goofy guest. I watched Fred and George step through the threshold and stand before me. I snorted and said, "What are you two doing here do you want to spend the night too?" They looked at each other and then Fred said, "We are actually here because of the Order" My tone was astounded as I said, "The Order sent D.A members that's surprising I figured they would send an actual member of the Order." George looked indignant and said, "Let me tell you something little miss, we are officially part of the order now thank you very much" My eyes feel to their arms and I saw that I could now tell them apart for they had script underneath their phoenix tattoos, they now had their girlfriends names. I hope they always love the girls. George spoke up and said, "What we really wanted to ask you was if you had heard from Draco." I shook my head and said, "Nothing yet does he owe you money for poker?" Fred looked to be in shock and said, "How do you know about our Friday night poker games its supposed to be a secret." I smirked and said, "Let me think ah yes, when your boyfriend comes in at like three in the morning and starts ranting about twin gingers and a rigged deck of cards its pretty easy to figure out." They both nodded and said, "Well we should go investigate the crime scene, we hope to see you back at the shop in a couple of months." I closed the door after they left and finally walked towards my room I stopped to check in on my two guest and they were sleeping soundly. Ashley still had tears flowing down her cheeks but at least she was resting. I laid on my bed and thought until I fell asleep.