Murphy x Reader 11

Do you guys see what the edit story page looks like now jfc

Requested: Yas [fangirltabulous]
Summary: Murphy saves (name) from a grounder.
Warnings: Language, mild violence, short

Fanfic--

It was midday and you were out in the woods, scouting the area during a hunting trip. There was no game in your area so you had taken to making a map, marking grounder boarders, bunkers, lakes, streams. It was coming along pretty well, actually.

"You gonna stare at that paper all day, or are you going to do your job?"

You rolled your eyes at your hunting partner.

"Murphy," You sighed. "There's no game in the area. See? No tracks, no disturbances in the grass... Nothing has been here for a while now."

He raised a brow at you, snatching the map from your grasp.

"What is this anyway? Some kind of weird ritual?"

"Yes that's exactly what it is." You grabbed the paper back from him. "It's a map, dumbass. I've been scouting and marking important locations."

Murphy grunted, flipping his knife around in his hand before turning and walking away from you.

"Whatever you say, nature girl."

Your left eye twitched slightly. Was he really so dense that he didn't realize how dangerous these woods could be if you didn't know where important resources were? Dumbass.

"Hey!"
Murphy's body crashed into yours, sending you both crashing to the ground. Before you could yell at him for being stupid an arrow stuck itself into the ground a few yards away where you'd been standing. Murphy got to his feet and expertly sent his knife flying into the forehead of a grounder.

You stared in surprise while Murphy went to retrieve his weapon.

"That little map of yours can't protect you from grounders though, can it?" He ripped the knife from the enemy's corpse and wiped it off on his pants, holding his hand out to you. "Good thing big bad Murphy was here to protect you, nature girl."

You rolled your eyes, willing the redness to dissipate from your face before grabbing his hand and standing to your feet.

"Big bad Murphy. Yeah right. My map could kick your ass."

"You're welcome."