Intro- The New #10

--- (In 2019)

(Neymar's POV)

"Do you have to go?" I asked my friend as I watched him pack his things from the locker room.

"I'm no good right now...I think it's best for me to do this." He said.

"This whole team still needs you! We all care about you! I know you lost the world cup...But if you leave now, things won't be the same us...This is your team!" I stressed to him.

"Neymar...Relax, you have nothing worry about, I believe in you guys." He turned towards me, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"First Suarez left the team and now you? " I grabbed my head.

"Look at me, everyone believes in you just like they did me and they're counting on you to be a leader...This is your team now." He said as he finished packing

"So your minds made up? There's nothing else I can say to stop you?" I asked him.

"You know the answer...I've already talked to Luis Enrique, but send my regards to everyone else." He stood up.

There was nothing else I could say...I can't convince him to stay.

"What about your jersey? What about your number?" I asked.

"I've passed it down already, and I think it's in good hands." He said.

"To who?" I wondered.

"Sometimes Neymar you have to have a little faith...You'll see." He smiled.

...

"Take care Neymar." He said, giving me a hug before walking out of the locker room.

"Take care, I hope things go well for you in Argentina..." I said back, but the door already closed.

That was the last time I saw Lionel Messi...even till this day, I haven't heard a word from him...two of my best friends are gone...how can I even go on like this?

--- (In 2020)

(??? POV)

*Waking up in bed*

...

"Ugh...gezz...my head hurts...why's the sun so bright today?...maybe I shouldn't have drunk whatever it was that Isco brought...That stuff had me spinning..." I slowly ran my fingers through my messy hair and rubbed my head, thinking about the events from last night.

I'm still kinda new to this whole drinking thing, but last night was kind of a special occasion, so I guess it couldn't be helped.

I grabbed my phone off the night stand and took a look at the time.

"Oh no I'm late!!" I shouted and fell out of bed.

"Is everything alright Zack?" Pilar called me from downstairs. She dates my brother...so I guess you could say she's like my older sister.

"Everything is fine!!" I reassured her.

I quickly showered, got dressed, packed extra clothes inside a bag, and left my room.

I hopped out my room on one foot trying to make my shoes were tied but ended up falling down the whole staircase...

Did I forget to mention my room is upstairs?

"Slow down, you'll make it in time I promise." She laughed, helping me up off the ground and dusting me off.

"How did last night go with the rest of the guys?" She asked, continuing to fix up my hair and clothes.