(I) Chapter 1- New Faces in Familiar Places

(Press "play" and read)

--- (Morning in Madrid)

"See anything you like?" The older gentlemen asked me as I stared into a glass jewelry case.

"Uhhh....not quite." I nervously smiled, causing the man to laugh a bit.

"I know that look...you're picking out a ring for a girl aren't you?" He asked.

"Didn't know you were a mind reader sir." I laughed.

"When you've been around long enough like I have, you can tell. I was once in your shoes MANY years ago." He explained.

"So who's the special lady?" He asked.

"It's for my girlfriend...she's visiting soon, but I want to surprise her. You know...when the time is right?" I explained a bit.

"I see, I see...Why don't you try this one then?" He said, taking a ring from the back of the case and placing it on the table.

Why don't you try this one then?" He said, taking a ring from the back of the case and placing it on the table

"It's simple, not too flashy, but still very beautiful." He described it.

"It's perfect." I smiled as my eyes glimmered.

This is it...

I quickly reached for my wallet so I could use my card but the guy stopped me.

"Don't worry about it, I can bill you later for it...Just come back and let me know what she thinks." He said, while taking the ring, putting it in a small box, and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I said to him.

"Besides, don't you have to be some where important?...Mr. Lucio Ramos?" The guy smiled, pointing out that he knew who I was.

"Hahaha...Cheer for me." I waved at him as I walked out the exit.

He's right, today's the big day.

--- (Barcelona International Airport )

(A woman's POV)