Prologue

Disclaimer : Star Wars does not belong to me. It belongs to Disney and Lucasfilm.  All I own are Jon Solo and the Montressors. This is a purely fan-made story. It was written just for fun, NOT profit.  P.S., Little reminder, the dialogue written surrounded by quotation marks is for when 3-PO or  a human character speaks. (Jon, Han, Luke, Leia, etc.) Dialogue written  surrounded  by asterisks is for when Chewie speaks.

Nine years since the rise of the Empire; Ten years before the battle of Yavin.

At the age of nineteen, Han Solo was a lot of things. Orphan. Thief. Pickpocket. Street kid. Aspiring pilot. He was about to earn another title, and embark on the beginnings of journey that would forever change not only him, but the entire Galaxy.

Han  was sleeping in the Scrumrat headquarters, when someone suddenly kicked him awake. He awoke to find a boy about his own age glaring down at him.

"Yeah, what is it?" Han asked, his voice thick and heavy with sleep.

"Some people are looking for you," said the other boy. " A man and a woman."

"All right," said Han. "Tell our guests that I'll be out shortly. I just need to get dressed."

  Han started getting dressed. He wondered if the people waiting for him could possibly be his parents.

It is a nice thought, Han admitted to himself. But don't let yourself  dwell on it too much, Solo. Your parents haven't been there for you over the course of your life so far. What makes you think they'd return now? Besides, you did just fine without them.

After getting dressed, Han went out into the ally. Just like his friend had said, a man and woman were waiting for him.  If Han had to guess, he'd say they were a married couple. And he could tell they were both much older than he was. They both had grey hair and green eyes. The man stood up, but his wife remained seated. It was then that Han noticed she held a basket in her lap. He wondered what was inside that basket.

"You must be Han Solo," said the man. He held out his hand for Han to shake.

"Yeah, that's right," said Han. "I am Han Solo." He reluctantly shook the older man's hand. "Sorry about all the other Scrumrats."

"I'm William Montressor," said the man. "You can call me Will, though.  And this is my wife, Elizabeth."

"Hello," said Elizabeth Montressor.

"Say, Han, maybe we should move this meeting elsewhere, perhaps to a cantina or something," said Will.

"All right said Han." He led the couple to a cantina down street, finding a table in the back. "Again, I have to ask, what are you doing here?"

"Our daughter's name was Crescentia Montressor," said Will. "You knew her, right? She was here on Corellia about nine months ago, visiting relatives, and she said she'd met you."