EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

            "Ms. Judy says that the Indians live in the forest," the four-year-old boy vocalized as he held onto his father's hand, jumping over the cracks in the sidewalk.  He was dressed head to toe in a windbreaker, a thick hat on his head to keep him from catching a late fall cold. 

            "Now does she?" His father asked as they stopped at a crosswalk, waiting for their turn to go.

            "Yeah, she does.  And Ms. Judy also says that-she says that...um...that dogs are like wolves.  Are dogs like wolves?" The little boy looked up at his father with curious blue eyes.  They started across the street.

            "It depends on who you talk to," his father told him as they turned onto Main Street, walking past the brick shop fronts. 

            "Oh...okay."  The little boy trailed, off, watching his booted feet as they scuffed along the concrete.

            "Momma says that dogs are stupid..." His father smiled.  The boy sensed the distraction and let go of his father's hand, taking off down the street.

            "Hey!"  His father called after him, jogging lightly after the boy who's arms were flailing, his gloves that were clipped onto his jacket sleeves whipped around in every which way.  "Jake!  If your mom catches me-" He was cut off as a shop door opened.  Jake stopped in front of the door and stepped in.

            His father sighed, slowing down as he reached the door.  He entered to see Jake in my arms as I raised a curious brow at him.

            "What?" He shrugged.

            "Daddy's slow," Jake said, smiling up at me.

            "Well, I'm only human."  He replied.  I laughed, leaning in and giving Mason a soft peck on the lips. 

            "And I wouldn't want you any other way."

__________________________________________________________________

Thanks to everyone who read this and showed their support through either votes, comments, or fans.  I couldn't have finished it without you.  :)

If you liked this story, you may also like  "Goddess: Book One of the Broken Den Series"-check it out on my page.  Thanks :)