Draft

"Thank you so much Cam." I grin, sitting down beside Sebastian. I glance around the small apartment and turn to her.

"Are you sure though? I don't want to be a bother." I ask and she shakes her head.

"I'm sure." She grins and sits down beside me. Sebastian stretches out his back and lays down beside her.

"He's a beautiful cat." I complimented and she smiles in thanks.

It's been a few days since the Joker became my patient again. The sessions are going well and he's cooperating. I really think I'm getting through to him.

"So you'll be sleeping in the living room, the couch is a pull out. It's the only other room, your okay with that?" She asks while picking up Sebastian who is a purring mess.

"Yeah! It's fine," I smile at her brightly and she nods slowly. I stretch my neck to see her disappear in her room before slumping back.

I'm grateful for her allowing me in her home. I had been in the motel for apparently too long and I was told to leave. Now I'm living with Camren.

Camren is vary kind, she's also really quiet and keeps to herself more.

I push myself off the couch and pull back the table before setting up the bed. Once it's all set up, I lay down and think about recent events.

A lot had happened in the past months. My parents died, my ex boyfriend cheated on me, I was raped, ended up without a home, and now I'm treating a mental patient with an unhealthy habit of killing people who mistreat me. The worse part is that I can't tell if I'm curing the Joker, or he's making me insane. The sad part is that I don't care.

~Next Day~

"Oh please," I scoff as me and Jason walk down the hall. "There is no way you could do that."

      "Yeah I can!" Jason shoots back and I give him a look. He had just finished telling me how he was going to find a hot rich girl, marry her and then quit working here. 

"Yeah, and I'm going to hook up with the hottest guy in town." I roll my eyes and he looks at me from the corner of his eyes. "Really? Who is it?"

      "I don't know dumb ass!" I slap the back of his head and scoff. "I only know like ten people tops by name and I don't have one night stands."

Jason rubs the back of his head and I laugh as we turn down the hall. My laughter falters as we stop at the hall that leads to the therapy room. We both stop and he turns to me and salute.

    "Good luck with the clown, solider." He grins but he also sounds serious. I roll my eyes. 

"Oh he's not that bad," I laugh and he laughs along. Turning away I spot room 58 and bite my lip. Well, he actually isn't that bad. I walk to the room and nod to the two guards before walking in. They stopped having big security during my sessions when they found that the Joker doesn't have the erg to kill me.

     "Harley!" Joker's voice echoes through the room as the doors shut behind me. I smile at him and walk to my seat. "Good evening Mr J."

The Joker hums as I take a seat and when I look up he has that slacked jaw expression again. I smile and he quickly smiles back.

     "I've missed you Amberly," he smiles at me and I laugh lightly as I turn the pages in my notebook.

"Oh really?" I grin.

        "I prefer the view when your around." He grins at me and that feeling runs through me again as he goes on and growls the last word. "Everything else is ugly, dirty and cocky."